LSU v Bama Game Thread (1 Viewer)

Asking from an unbiased spot here but,SEC president is a Bama alumni. The SEC HQ is in Birmingham, AL. SEC has to guarantee a team makes the playoffs. A&M losing means they have to prop up Bama. Was the fix in before tip off?

Seen enough to know he was spraying the ball early in the game even on the few plays where he wasn't about to get hit. I get it. That rush was vicious. At the same time, early in the game, we had a chance to keep some drives alive and he was missing. I didn't say he was the only reason. The Oline gets the lions share but Etling didn't help when he had the chances.
One last item was play selection.

Too many times we refused to pass when they had 7-8 in the box and run when they had 5-6

We REALLY struggled with play calling tonite.

And I said on Thursday we cannot ...cannot let the defense dictate to us...we had to dictate with play calling. We failed miserably.

Disappointing because I felt the defense went to another level for this game. Unfortunately offense did not and that just sucks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Asking from an unbiased spot here but,SEC president is a Bama alumni. The SEC HQ is in Birmingham, AL. SEC has to guarantee a team makes the playoffs. A&M losing means they have to prop up Bama. Was the fix in before tip off?

I can't see it. I think Alabama gets some of the 50/50 call mainly due to reputation. The refs, like everyone else, is told over and over how disciplined of a team 'Bama is and gives them the benefit of the doubt on a call. The game happens so fast that sometimes refs call stuff they thought the saw but with a team like 'Bama, they swallow their whistle unless it's crystal clear. That would be my guess, anyways.

People have been saying this for years. I am not a big conspiracy theorist, but they always seem to get the calls and the breaks. Its been happening for years. Go ask patrick peterson.

I really don't think so. A&M has been overrated a good bit this year. The Arkansas game proves that out. No fix.

And Bama is just that good. There were some pretty terrible calls no doubt, but LSU couldn't score regardless.

One last item was play selection.

Too many times we refused to pass when they had 7-8 in the box and run when they had 5-6

We REALLY struggled with play calling tonite.

And I said on Thursday we cannot ...cannot let the defense dictate to us...we had to dictate with play calling. We failed miserably.

Disappointing because I felt the defense went to another level for this game. Unfortunately offense did not and that just sucks.

Yeah, definitely agree completely on those points. This felt a lot like the BCS Championship game. We moved the ball a touch better tonight (which is kind of sad) but during the third, I had like zero faith we could sustain a drive.

I still think we had the better D in the BCS game but they had zero support.

I hope we can keep Aranda somehow.

Yeah, definitely agree completely on those points. This felt a lot like the BCS Championship game. We moved the ball a touch better tonight (which is kind of sad) but during the third, I had like zero faith we could sustain a drive.

I still think we had the better D in the BCS game but they had zero support.

I hope we can keep Aranda somehow.

I'm really liking Aranda, he came with a well thought out game plan and nearly pulled it off. It's tough that the offense got so thoroughly outclassed.

It's Bama and was a hard fought game. I liked that we went toe to toe with them for 3 quarters. I think it shows we're not that far off. We need some help on the OL though. That was the sore spot of the night for sure.

Did you see LSU's play calling? It was like Miles and Cameron never left.

It's funny to me.... If B. Harris would have started the game out like Danny Boy folks would have been calling for his head. Danny's throws were all over the place from the start. The 40 yard gain should not have been thrown he was baled out by the receiver it should have been a pick. Like I said 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Hahaha! Danny has gotten away with a lot on and off the field in the end it comes back around. I have faced pressure at Purdue! SMH

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Alabama fan here....wow, night games at Death Valley always seem to be an intense struggle, toughest place in the SEC to play.

Two excellent defensive efforts, but the young Jalen Hurts has the legs to make plays.
Didn't think the LSU QB played his best, but he was getting hit a lot.

Coach O seems to fit LSU very well, will be interesting to see if he keeps the job.

Great Time at LSU.

My first game of the year and I really enjoyed it. Incredible crowd on campus. All festive. All upbeat. Great weather.

Thoughts on the game.

Great crowd. Fired up and loud.

We got beat by a better team. Bama has a very VERY good team.

Defense; LSU has a very well coached, disciplined Defense. They did a fantastic Job against a well coached offense that executes about as well as you can do it.

They gave Hurts trouble early on. He wanted to run several times but found Tigers in his way. We kept him limited in the air. He broke late and that spelled trouble. The combo of Hurts and Bo Scarborough on the ground was too troublesome in 2nd half.

Offense has some chinks in the armor. We couldn't afford the miscues. Short passing game needed to strike early. We tried but either dropped the ball or pass was off. We just couldn't afford that. Despite that, we did very well.... In the first half. I really believe if we had been able to establish the short passing game, a lot of good things would follow.
Proud of the lack of penalties.

OL: Running game was stuffed. No blocking against the best Def Line ever assembled.
Etling had little time to throw to receivers that were not "Open". Etling would have had to thread a needle and he's just not that guy. He clearly wanted to protect the football and that's understandable. Etling did a decent job of seeing his guys but never looked comfortable. Again, blocking was not adequate against the best pass rush they'll see all year.

Bama did a good job of limiting our big plays. We had a few awkward deep balls but several other deep attempts were blanketed.

Playcalling: Eh... I didn't see too much to complain about. A few folks complaining about it but I didn't see it. We spread them out and ran and we played tight and passed. The deep ball INT in the 4th was on 1st down in a two back set. Etling got hammered!

Here's the thing; Against Bama, we can't run a spread offense and keep Etling protected or provide holes for the backs... Against Bama.

I like that bama never scored on a turnover.

Miscellaneous:
I saw a holding call on the right side on the Bama TD. I thought it was obvious. Even the Bama guy next to me conceded that it was a hold. Not saying we win the game but that was frustrating.

Would have liked to see Fournette and Guice in the backfield together and would have liked to see the TE more effective in passing game. I think only one pass attempted to the TE.

Overall for me.
The good: Our defense is for real. It's really good. Aranda is going to be offered big money and we'll have to pay up to keep him.
The Bad: OL. We have weak links there.

We are a very good team that got beat by the best team in the nation right now. We're not a bad team. Bama is just THAT good.

I had fun and left feeling fine. I met Myles Brennan and David Duke. Not together. Myles Brennan said he's excited to be a Tiger. Funny story about Duke. Two LSU guys wanted a pic with him so one of them gave his phone to a guy from Alabama, who was black and didn't know who it was. The Bama guy took the pic but then found out who it was and deleted the pic which irritated the drunk LSU fan. Some yelling followed but nothing serious. No one else would take the pic so it became a selfie.

Orgeron still has some proving to do to earn the job imo. Can anyone say confidently that Miles wouldn't have had the same results as Orgeron? Now maybe Orgeron beats Wisconsin and Auburn. I still think he's the lead guy right now and making the change was the right move but he still has some proving to do.

It's funny to me.... If B. Harris would have started the game out like Danny Boy folks would have been calling for his head. Danny's throws were all over the place from the start. The 40 yard gain should not have been thrown he was baled out by the receiver it should have been a pick. Like I said 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂 Hahaha! Danny has gotten away with a lot on and off the field in the end it comes back around. I have faced pressure at Purdue! SMH

So Etling...stole ur girl or something?

Or is Harris family to you and the fact that he can't play QB at this level is bothersome for you?

Did you see LSU's play calling? It was like Miles and Cameron never left.

The poor OL and QB play made the playcalling look suspect. Throw playcalling out the window when your under pressure every single down.

The only issue I had with play selection is the lack of screen passes. With Bama DL living in the LSU backfield, seems like screen passes would have slowed that down...:idunno:

So Etling...stole ur girl or something?

Or is Harris family to you and the fact that he can't play QB at this level is bothersome for you?

[emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji23]

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom