LSU v Florida (1 Viewer)

I'm telling you right now, there is no way anyone on here who would agree to play at UF 3 years in a row. No way!!!!

Lmao, what a lame excuse of a comment. Get a clue before spouting off uninformed nonsense. UF dragged their feet to avoid playing the game this weekend. There were multiple possible venues and alternatives to getting this game done. They could have gone to any number of places in Florida or Georgia to play the game at a neutral site, heck, even swap home and home, play LSU in Tiger stadium this year and at UF next. But obviously, UF isn't smart enough to think outside the box.

The only reason we're in the predicament we're in is because of UF being afraid to get squashed like a bug this weekend.

Regardless, the SEC should be the ones to tell UF to play the game this weekend at a neutral location or be forced to forfeit. Leaving it up to the schools is to invite anarchy in the conference, which is exactly what we're seeing at the moment. The Sankey interview at the halftime of Tenn v A&M was the most convoluted bunch of excuses I've ever hear from the leader of a major conference. Sankey is a coward and he needs to be fired.

I'm an LSU fan, but I must have fallen asleep and dreamt that LSU was a 3-2 football team. To hear people here talk, this LSU so resembles the '85 Bears that other teams need to duck us, especially Florida who has been very competitive with us and every other team in the SEC for 25 years now.

Here's the deal. Florida had many reasons for not agreeing to play a neutral game, or God forbid, a game in Tiger Stadium. Safety was probably one of them. Loss of money. Loss of competitive advantage.

it is in LSUs best interests to play that game anywhere but Gainesville, so offering Tiger Stadium isn't exactly a sacrifice. LSU also doesn't wanna play on the 19th for the same reason. Competitive and financial disadvantage. If the SEC wanted the game played they should have stepped in and made Florida play. They chose not to. That reflects badly on the SEC. I don't blame Florida or LSU for trying to get the best deal possible for their program.

The greater point is the people of Louisiana, of all places, should know the impact of a storm that size. Yes, we moved our game for Katrina. But our game didn't happen during the actual event, just during the aftermath. So the situations are different. By the time LSU played Arizona St, there wasn't any kind of safety issue to worry about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is as much as we love football, it's not life. I heard the interview during the Texas A&M game and I guarantee the game will be played. That should be enough for everyone

I'm an LSU fan, but I must have fallen asleep and dreamt that LSU was a 3-2 football team. To hear people here talk, this LSU so resembles the '85 Bears that other teams need to duck us, especially Florida who has been very competitive with us and every other team in the SEC for 25 years now.

Here's the deal. Florida had many reasons for not agreeing to play a neutral game, or God forbid, a game in Tiger Stadium. Safety was probably one of them. Loss of money. Loss of competitive advantage.

it is in LSUs best interests to play that game anywhere but Gainesville, so offering Tiger Stadium isn't exactly a sacrifice. LSU also doesn't wanna play on the 19th for the same reason. Competitive and financial disadvantage. If the SEC wanted the game played they should have stepped in and made Florida play. They chose not to. That reflects badly on the SEC. I don't blame Florida or LSU for trying to get the best deal possible for their program.

The greater point is the people of Louisiana, of all places, should know the impact of a storm that size. Yes, we moved our game for Katrina. But our game didn't happen during the actual event, just during the aftermath. So the situations are different. By the time LSU played Arizona St, there wasn't any kind of safety issue to worry about.

I guess what I'm trying to say is as much as we love football, it's not life. I heard the interview during the Texas A&M game and I guarantee the game will be played. That should be enough for everyone

The safety thing is a cop out. Several other teams played in the region. They pulled it off. UF sat on their hands and dared the SEC to do something about it. Sankey is nothing more than a figurehead if he doesn't have the guts to do something about it. The responses he gave in the interview were vague and might as well got more info from "no comment". He avoided answering the most important questions and basically said wait and see. The only thing that was close to news was that he said both teams want to play, but that's about it. The rambling about safety, yada yada yada, was baloney. I didn't buy a word of that.

Fwiw, if the game is added to the 19th and lsu has to play 3 games in 12 days, how is that close to good for everyone?

So I now see they're floating October 29 as a possible make-up game date, which would suck for LSU being that it's their bye week and the week before having to play Bama.

That's better than Nov 19th. I can't wait for LSU to curb stomp UF in front of their own fans.

So I now see they're floating October 29 as a possible make-up game date, which would suck for LSU being that it's their bye week and the week before having to play Bama.

I'm ok with this, since this might as well be the bye week. Hope it happens.

I like the sound of the last option. LSU effectively just had their bye week then. When is Florida's bye? (EDIT: 10/22 for UF's bye. They play Georgia on 10/29.)

10/29 is LSU's scheduled by before Bammer, but does Florida have a game scheduled that weekend?

This whole thing is a cluster**** that could've been avoided if the SEC had stepped in at the start of negotiations and not allowed UF to get away with "This game will ONLY be played in Gainesville."

It's Alleva's turn to make emphatic statements:

One date that was tossed out during the CBS broadcast was Nov. 19, a weekend LSU takes on South Alabama and Florida takes on Presbyterian. Some media suggested that could be the weekend circled, meaning the teams would buy out the non-conference matchups and play each other on the second to last weekend of the regular season.

On Monday, LSU Athletics Director Joe Alleva stepped to the podium for Ed Orgeron’s weekly press conference and delivered an emphatic statement.

LSU is not going to give up the home game on Nov. 19.

"LSU’s game against Florida may still get made up, but it won’t happen at the expense of the South Alabama game,” Alleva said. "I know there is a lot of speculation about the scheduling of the Florida football game. I have been in contact with Commissioner Sankey over the weekend.

"We're going to have a home game on November 19th. We are not going to change that situation.”
Alleva maintained that the game will be tough to make up at this stage. Two options seem to be Oct. 29, which would force Georgia and Florida to push their game up one week to fit in the makeup game. The other option would be pushing back the SEC Championship game one week, allowing LSU and Florida to make the game up the week after the regular season ends.

"We have an open date before the Alabama game, but I am not in favor of playing a game on that day unless Alabama also plays a game on that day,” Alleva said in reference to playing the game on Oct. 29.

I heard today that UGA told Sankey and UF to get bent...

Yea I read that too. I hope Alleva sticks to his guns on this. Either push the championship game back a week or let them buy out S Alabama and they come to Baton Rouge to play. We shouldn't have to lose a home game just because they didn't want too. And I wouldn't want to give up our open date so Alabama could have an advantage either.

Any way to make Florida look like idiots is fine with me.

Also, is it just me, or is it anyone else who reads Sankey as "Skankey?"

I still have no idea why it is logistically so difficult to postpone a game, on the same college campus and field, for 24-48 or even 60 hours.
Again, it was done in the fairly recent past.

I heard today that UGA told Sankey and UF to get bent...

I thought Sankey said the SEC was a big family and would get together to work this out. :spit:

I just don't see them pushing the SECCG back. Bowl bids and playoff assignments would come before the SECCG if that happened.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom