LSU v Florida (1 Viewer)

Another source is saying that if game can't be played on Sat, then it will be resked for later this season on the wknd when LSU is supposed to play South Alabama and Fl is supposed to play Presbyterian ... Fl will pay those two schools off to resked the games if need be.

Paying those schools doesn't recoup lost home game revenue for LSU though. I can't see anyway LSU would be ok with losing a home game because the UF administrators are a bunch of idiots. UF stands to lose as well as many fans may not be able to attend the game. This graphic shows potential power outages from Matthew. Gainesville is in the 30-40% area.

CuCO8NqWEAE9G1y.jpg

Sounds like Florida is being a bunch of stubborn a**es, refusing to move the game since they know our fans can't travel as easily into a possible active hurricane situation .

ETA: Yall know exactly what will happen-- the game WILL get cancelled this wknd, and LSU will wind up with 3 straight SEC road games in Nov-- Ark, FL, and A&M, and Coach O will be out the door... Joe Alleva is a %$#*&#. %$!#&, Florida is obviously controlling all the strings here.

!00% agree and I will add that Florida also has a bunch of injuries. The added off day will only help.
So now the LSU players have to get there in the middle of a storm? I have never liked Florida and this just confirms my dislike.

The NCAA and SEC needs to get on this and resolve it before it really becomes a safety issue. There's plenty of precedent for moving games in events like this.

The NCAA and SEC needs to get on this and resolve it before it really becomes a safety issue. There's plenty of precedent for moving games in events like this.

I understand Florida not wanting to move....but the SEC should step in. WAY too much risk here to try to get a game in this weekend. I'm a little stunned the higher ups have not stepped in to take control here.

No excuses. Go in there and beat them in their own yard.

The only thing Orlando buys you is that the storm will have passed by game time. But as with Gainesville, you have the issue of fans traveling to the game with the high probability of clogged highways with traffic, debris, downed power lines, etc. Potential power outages have to be considered as well. Will fans travel to a football game or back to their home/business to deal with any damage and devastation? Matthew is now forecast to pass even more to the West, putting Orlando and Gainesville more at risk. Orlando is actually under a Hurricane Warning. This is just an irresponsible move by the UF Administration, imo.

Sounds like game maybe cancelled. Not confirmed yet . Just from what I'm reading on tiger droppings.

Sounds like game maybe cancelled. Not confirmed yet . Just from what I'm reading on tiger droppings.

Sports radio in BR has suggested this was what UF wanted anyway. They dragged their feet until it'd be too late to make a change of venue. It wouldn't be a surprise.

Sports radio in BR has suggested this was what UF wanted anyway. They dragged their feet until it'd be too late to make a change of venue. It wouldn't be a surprise.

They don't want to lose to an interim head coach, period!

And canceling is the easiest way out. :aargh:

I want to say that such an accusation is unreasonable. But it's absolutely believable. Cancelling the game has the net effect of a victory for Florida's standings.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Will the game not be made up?

I remember 9/11 caused games to be postponed but I guess that was because season was pushed back a week?

UF looks really bad in all of this if it ends up being cancelled.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom