LSU v Tenn {merged} (1 Viewer)

Yeah I saw the Auburn-LSU game. There were some bad calls - but what is new? Every team has potential game changing questionable calls.
Take the one today - I admit it looks like we got away with one there, but it was close. But if something like that deflates LSU then they aren;t very tough. They have the best defense in the country going against a team with a pathetic rushing game and a backup QB making his first meaningful appearance ever.
BTW - I don't think it deflated them. They are still outplaying Tennessee.

I agree. If they don't come out in the 2nd half and show up Miles needs to go bottom line LSU has the most talent in college football and you can't beat a team with no running game and a back up QB? He has to go! we will see......

I was about 30 minutes behind on Tivo so I just saw the BS call. Horrible. Terrible! Several of the false start penalties should have been neutral zone penalties on the defense. I mean 8 ****ing penalties to 0 in one half of football?

One thing that jumps out about the game so far is the relative ease LSU has running the ball. I guess I wasn;t expecting that in part becasue they don;t have one stadout back. But having so many will probably help LSU in the second half because Tennessee is really thin up front.

BTW Widge - was I sent to banned camp for going off of the officiating? I honestly don't remember. I thought I was just insulting Florida and Auburn, particularly their manhood

If any of you watched the Ms State Alabama game you would also have seen a horrible officiated game helping Ms State win the game. On a punt return that would have likely gone for a TD the refs said the returners knee hit the ground right when he fielded the ball. This was in the last 4 minutes when Bama was down 8 points. It was a horrible call, the Alabama returner was not down, it was close but not that close.

Dude, I admit I'm a homer - but so should you (where are those smileys?)

I admit it looks like we got away with one there - but it was real close, had the call on the field been a muff then I think it gets upheld as well.

Second half is going to be good, I wonder if we will be able to actually bring JeMarcus down behind the line of scrimmage - that dude is huge.

I know I'm a homer and in those moments I think that LSU gets it worse than other teams, but I try to limit that and I don't think I'm being a homer about that call. I know the officiating is bad all over and in the end, that play probably won't matter in this game.

LSU defense smothered Tenn other than on the last drive and LSU's offense seems to be moving the ball, but making mistakes at the wrong time. Of course, Tennessee is fighting hard to stay in it and taking advantage of those mistakes.

If any of you watched the Ms State Alabama game you would also have seen a horrible officiated game helping Ms State win the game. On a punt return that would have likely gone for a TD the refs said the returners knee hit the ground right when he fielded the ball. This was in the last 4 minutes when Bama was down 8 points. It was a horrible call, the Alabama returner was not down, it was close but not that close.

They should just get rid of replay in College Football... It doesn't seem to ever fix bad calls.

BTW Widge - was I sent to banned camp for going off of the officiating? I honestly don't remember. I thought I was just insulting Florida and Auburn, particularly their manhood

:ezbill: It got deleted fast so I don't recall all the particulars. I don't think you actually mentioned the officiating, but IIRC, there was a bad call against Tenn at the end of that game that caused the rant to start. Or, at least, I assumed that's what set you off.

I thought Les Miles was gonna grab that girl reporter's head and rip it off. :)

Get Russell out of there... please... he can't play against big time defenses... please put in Peeriloux (sp)... or Flynn...

im a huge Russell fan but its time to pull him. I think its also time for skip to pull miles.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom