LSU v Tenn {merged} (1 Viewer)

And since the Manning/Martin crew left...they ain't been winning many of them

sad but true.
we have had two horrible years - last year where we went 1-4 v. ranked opponents and 2002 where we went 0-4.
Other than those two years we have done well, but we still havent been dominant at home against ranked opponents since Tee left, going 9-4 in those games.
Fulmer needs to win the next two games to make sure the rumblings in the vol nation don't grow louder. the problem is, any success this year is attributed to cutcliffe.

This is getting outragous with the officals and LSU!!!!

We keep getting screwed and im getting sick of even watching the games!

We keep getting screwed and im getting sick of even watching the games!

Agreed. I assume the officiating is just terrible all over the league, but I don't watch enough game of other SEC teams close enough to know. This officiating crew is horrible.

That botched call on the muffed punt was a 14 point swing. It's no fun watching games when officiating has this big of an effect on the game.

That botched call on the muffed punt was a 14 point swing. It's no fun watching games when officiating has this big of an effect on the game.

Its not a 14 point swing. Tennessee still had to go 80 yards with a backup QB against the #1 ranked defense in the country.

Agreed. I assume the officiating is just terrible all over the league, but I don't watch enough game of other SEC teams close enough to know. This officiating crew is horrible.
its bad all over the SEC but it seems like some crew hate teams more then others like the crew that did the Auburn game and now this game! I think some of the false start calls on LSU have been BS I mean you have Tennessee guys going across the LOS and they call FS on LSU for moving while the Tenn. guy is across the line!

Its not a 14 point swing. Tennessee still had to go 80 yards with a backup QB against the #1 ranked defense in the country.

I agree with you about giving Tenn credit for driving 80 yards but I felt like the wind was taken out of LSU big time with that call and then the rest of the air let out when they called the sideline warning. I have seen coaches go off on Refs alot worst then that and never get called! I get the feeling the Refs are out for LSU.

Man, I thought Vandy fans were whiners.

You didn't see the Auburn game did you? LSU has received some horrible officating crews this year in some of the biggest games. I remember one play in the auburn game where they miss spoted the ball by a good 2 yards, even the announcers were dumb founded!

Man, I thought Vandy fans were whiners.

I'm not whining Jim. It was a pretty obvious call. Balls just don't suddenly change direction in mid air unless they are touched. This is not David Hume's world. The rules of cause and effect do apply.

I didn't say it would decide the game. All I said is that it was huge swing in the game. LSU likely scores 7 and Tennessee lacks the momentum to drive down the field and does not have the same field position. You are normally a pretty objective guy, I hope you can be objective when it comes to this too. Even Bob Gresie just said that had LSU gone up by 14 it might have been too much and that that play was a huge swing in the game.

My comment was mostly about how bad the officiating has been across the SEC. Given that you got sent to banned camp because of a classic rant started by bad SEC officiating, I thought you might understand. If you don't, I can't help but think it's because you can't look beyond your own homerism.

LSU cannot make a living getting into 3rd & 20+ due to penalties all the time. Good grief.

Yeah I saw the Auburn-LSU game. There were some bad calls - but what is new? Every team has potential game changing questionable calls.
Take the one today - I admit it looks like we got away with one there, but it was close. But if something like that deflates LSU then they aren;t very tough. They have the best defense in the country going against a team with a pathetic rushing game and a backup QB making his first meaningful appearance ever.
BTW - I don't think it deflated them. They are still outplaying Tennessee.

My comment was mostly about how bad the officiating has been across the SEC. Given that you got sent to banned camp because of a classic rant started by bad SEC officiating, I thought you might understand. If you don't, I can't help but think it's because you can't look beyond your own homerism.

Dude, I admit I'm a homer - but so should you (where are those smileys?)

I admit it looks like we got away with one there - but it was real close, had the call on the field been a muff then I think it gets upheld as well.

Second half is going to be good, I wonder if we will be able to actually bring JeMarcus down behind the line of scrimmage - that dude is huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom