LSU vs Auburn preview with Justin Ferguson from the Athletic (1 Viewer)

I would argue that LSU's best shot will be to put the game on Burrow's arm. You won't be able to out physical our defense, just like our o line won't either. We have a good QB and are at home. LSU needs great qb and wr play, some luck, and a Malzahn brain fart. Crazier things have happened.

Special teams and a defensive score is what LSU needs to win. It's not going to come from the offense.

Special teams and a defensive score is what LSU needs to win. It's not going to come from the offense.
Our coverage teams are suspect at times. I've seen Tuberville beat the national champion Gator's team using nothing but great d and good special teams.

Our coverage teams are suspect at times. I've seen Tuberville beat the national champion Gator's team using nothing but great d and good special teams.
That's pretty much the entire Miles era. Great return game, great punters, consistent kickers and suffocating defense. The offense basically was there to not turn the ball over and give the defense time to rest. The occasional score was just a bonus.

I have a feeling that LSU is going to lose but it’s going to be close and we’re all gonna walk away scratching our heads...

I don't think we walk away scratching our heads. We know what the issues are. The O-Line still hasn't figured out how to work together, the playcaller still hasn't figured out an offensive identity, the QB still doesn't have his timing down with his receivers, the receivers are still inconsistent with their route-running and focus, leading to dropped passes and they're about to play one of the best front sevens in college football who only need to rush four guys to put pressure on the QB.

I don't have all the answers, but I think the best shot LSU has to put Burrow in shotgun in 1-back sets, move the TE and WRs around and tell Joe to get rid of the ball before 2-Mississippi. Spreading the field stretches the Auburn defense and forces them to play in space. I think Auburn is definitely weaker at the back half of their defense than the front half. Offensive players typically have the edge with that kind of matchup. I'm not saying that LSU's offensive players would have the edge vs Auburn, but it certainly evens the odds more. It should also give LSU a better chance at running the ball (with the RB and QB) with the Auburn defense spaced out, worried about the passing game.

I have a feeling that LSU is going to lose but it’s going to be close and we’re all gonna walk away scratching our heads...
I always hate that 'What Happened?' feeling after a game.
Especially one of this magnitude.

At least a blowout gives you the whole second half to mentally & emotionally prepare for the eventuality.

The crazy thing is that I could see this going two ways LSU loses big or it's a close game and special teams is the difference. I am pulling for the Tigers but this game sure has me anxious.

The crazy thing is that I could see this going two ways LSU loses big or it's a close game and special teams is the difference. I am pulling for the Tigers but this game sure has me anxious.
I'm pretty sure the Tigers are going to win.
It's just a matter of which color. :hihi:

I'm pretty sure the Tigers are going to win.
It's just a matter of which color. :hihi:
Haha when I said I am pulling for the Tigers that is for the Tigers who have a real mascot even if 30,000 Californians want him released...

Haha when I said I am pulling for the Tigers that is for the Tigers who have a real mascot even if 30,000 Californians want him released...
:lolup: Auburn has a real live mascot... even though it has feathers and flies.
Glad we got the real TIGER! :9:

I guess this will be the gamely thread so...

GET that coach O gameface on boys.

1537040234227.png

LSU to kickoff for the biggest game in the conference so far.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom