LSU vs. Bama (2 Viewers)

You are right. I just thought that the pass play at the goal line was a turning point. But O line has been overwhelmed.
Didn’t mind that call at all. I realize the personnel are very different ... but the Saints throw from the shadow of their goal line all the time.

Bama defenders are putting hands on Burrow every single play.

These are Ed’s guys.
Negative.

Under Miles, Ed has nothing to do with the O-Line. The HC sets the recruiting board, so Ed is set with that. Ed was responsible for bringing in guys like Arden Key, Alexander, Lawrence and Logan. You can't fairly lump all of that on O and expect to be treated like a reasonable adult.

Didn’t mind that call at all. I realize the personnel are very different ... but the Saints throw from the shadow of their goal line all the time.

With Ram and Armistead at tackle.

The De on that play was barely touched off the edge... Burrow hit his drop and the De was already even with him

Yeah, but none of these losses are on Ed. This roster has been depleted of quality big men for years now. Who was the last decent LSU DT? OG? OT? DE?

It's been a while...
Well, Miles had the horses up front on both sides of the line. But they were useless with kind of offense he ran and inability to find a QB who could pass AT ALL, or operate as a pocket QB on some plays.

If you plug Burrow into some of those later Miles teams you probably could have competed with Alabama.

Now they have someone who can at least manage the game and if you keep him clean he can reasonably play the position. Just "reasonably" in terms of accuracy and finding the open receiver...

But he's got zero game when his OL is this outclassed.

Obviously Alabama, physically...across the board...outclasses just about everyone. Speed, strength, power. Where do they get all these guys?

A lot of them go to the NFL but usually are never again as dominant. It's just the sheer numbers of them that Alabama manages to recruit, especially in the trenches.

It looks like men against boys or Division I vs II.

Last edited:
It was a pleasant dream while it lasted.
MS State blew out La Tech 45 - 3 and beat the 23.5 point spread, yikes!

I swear some of you guys never show up until LSU loses and then all you do is piss and moan. Why are you an LSU fan at all? Go be Bama fans. They just built a new bandwagon that'll hold everyone now.

Yeah, he's overthrown some passes. That's expected for a guy who has shown up on campus a few days before fall camp on a team installing a new system. You expect a well-oiled machine and a Heisman candidate at QB in those circumstances? Set realistic expectations, dude.

A few weeks ago I felt this team would be lucky to win 7 games, but had a shot a winning 9.
There's a reason he wasn't playing at Ohio St. Other than injuries. A whole fall camp wouldn't have got his accuracy better. I have realistic expectations Dude. My expectations for him in the beginning is what hes done this year against all other teams not named Bama.

Obviously Alabama, physically...across the board...outclass just about everyone. Speed, strength, power. Where do they get all these guys?
Irv Smith Jr., for one, came out of New Orleans (Brother Martin). Wonder how many Louisiana players they get each year?

Burrow throwing to Mack Wilson looked like Brees throwing to Debo...

There's a reason he wasn't playing at Ohio St. Other than injuries. A whole fall camp wouldn't have got his accuracy better. I have realistic expectations Dude. My expectations for him in the beginning is what hes done this year against all other teams not named Bama.
Yeah, JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins are really good. Not sure how's that's a knock on Burrow.

LSU needs to find their Dave Aranda on offense. There is no way your telling me that your best option at OC was some 50 something guy who was also on your staff prior to this year. You have to go out of the box to find the right guy.
Other than the questionable call down by the goal line, OC had little to do with this.

The LSU O Line can't compete. Cant open holes to run the ball, and could give zero time to Burrow.

You could have Payton calling the plays here and no material difference. Maybe you score, maybe it's less embarrassing but the loss is because Alabama is bigger, stronger, faster and better in the trenches, as they almost always have been under Saban.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom