LSU vs. Bama (2 Viewers)

I definitely don't think I know everything. I do know what I see and what has been pointed out to me by people at more informed than I. I dont learn things when I assume I know everything.

I don't think you wear rose colored glasses, but there are definitely a lot of moving parts that you do not seem to be considering when you make these matter-of-facy statements. Leave some room to learn something or you never will.
I know it takes the o line. It takes RBS picking up blitzes and catching the ball out of the back field. It takes WRs running good routes and making the catches. We could be here all night going through all this. I see offenses up close and personal every Friday night. Some good. Some bad. Believe me I know all the moving parts.

Well, first you have to convince the best HS players in America to not join up on the same team to win a title every year. Good luck with that.
I don't even care about winning, but the offense has been putrid all year and worse without Matt Canada.

The team has got to change it’s offensive philosophy and get stronger on those lines.

Cody Worshom always recaps the post-game press conferences if anyone is interested...

I know it takes the o line. It takes RBS picking up blitzes and catching the ball out of the back field. It takes WRs running good routes and making the catches. We could be here all night going through all this. I see offenses up close and personal every Friday night. Some good. Some bad. Believe me I know all the moving parts.
Then stop posting completion percentages as if it proves something.

The team has got to change it’s offensive philosophy and get stronger on those lines.
Well, the philosophy has been changed. I do t think I ever saw a FB tonight and we rarely saw more than 1 RB on the field at a time. We saw passes on the early downs, including quick throws because they knew the O-Line can't block. As much as I'd love for Ed to find the next Lincoln Riley, I'm good with Ensminger if the O-Line can hold a block for 2 seconds when 3-4 guys rush the QB.

And if your oline was as bad as LSUs was tonite, you would be watching a losing team.

It was clear very early in the second quarter that our oline was completly in over their heads. You had Bama dline men shooting gaps untouched, missing assignments etc.

We tried cutting a DE early, completly whiffed and he batted ball. They ran stunts that confused the whole line. It was hard to watch. By the second half, Bama had it all figured out. People were yelling why are we running wide? Well they weren't designed to. Rbs had no choice if they wanted to try and gain some yards.

When your QB has less than 2.5 second to read and throw, it makes the playbook smaller and defensively, much easier.

Burrow was far from the culprit tonite.

It was that sive of a line that did us in.

MLU, I have a serious question since you know a lot about recruiting I wanted to get your opinion. Every time LSU gets beat by Alabama, we hear the "what's with all these Louisiana kids who leave?" IMO, this is a just an excuse. LSU gets most of the best players that come out of the state and can't take everybody. Recruiting does not really explain 8 straight losses...LSU should be able to win every 3 or 4 years or so. Recruiting is plenty good enough....

So are the Louisiana kids making that much of a difference on Bama's team or is Bama going into everybody's state and getting their fair share of players? In other words, Saban's just better than anyone at one of the marquee programs in college football over the last 60+ years and it's hard for anybody to compete when a guy like Saban is at that particular university....

Then stop posting completion percentages as if it proves something.
Man I'm done with you. You one of those people that tries to turn what everybody says around to make yourself look smart. I'm not gonna waste anymore of my time letting you twist my words.

And if your oline was as bad as LSUs was tonite, you would be watching a losing team.

It was clear very early in the second quarter that our oline was completly in over their heads. You had Bama dline men shooting gaps untouched, missing assignments etc.

We tried cutting a DE early, completly whiffed and he batted ball. They ran stunts that confused the whole line. It was hard to watch. By the second half, Bama had it all figured out. People were yelling why are we running wide? Well they weren't designed to. Rbs had no choice if they wanted to try and gain some yards.

When your QB has less than 2.5 second to read and throw, it makes the playbook smaller and defensively, much easier.

Burrow was far from the culprit tonite.

It was that sive of a line that did us in.
I agree. I never said it was all Burrow tonite.

So, why is the O line so bad? I know they've had injuries, but even if they were all healthy, it's not a strong group like in years past. Are we just not recruiting O line anymore?

So, why is the O line so bad? I know they've had injuries, but even if they were all healthy, it's not a strong group like in years past. Are we just not recruiting O line anymore?

We had a bunch of guys leave last year so we were real thin. Got some guys this past year in recruiting, but it takes a couple of years to get the numbers back up...at least I think that's what's happened

Complete and utter horse****. Turn off your computer and go to bed.
Care to explain the point of that FG attempt? We were down 3 scores, if we make the FG we are still down 3 scores. If you go for it on 4th and dont get it we are down 3 scores. If you go for it and make it there is still a chance, albeit a small one.

They were just outclassed. You can try to play the time of possession game and grind it out and pray for a turnover or two, but that can only save you for so long when the other team is supremely talented.

It sucks, but it is what it is. Joe Burrow is an average QB, with a terrible offensive line and the WRs are at best average...and if you have zero threat of a run game (like we did tonight), the the defense will just come after your QB. The offense just looked inept from the get-go.

We really need to keep all of that Louisiana talent. I mean we couldn't get Irv Smith Jr, from New Orleans and his dad was a SAINT? Really?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom