LSU vs TAMU (3 Viewers)

Reaction score
I don't have a good feeling about this one. Fulton is out. Fehoko is out. Todd Harris, John Battle and Kelvin Joseph will play. Edwards has picked it up the last month, so a starting 3 of Lawrence, Edwards and Logan is fine. The rotation after that is suspect, though and I expect to see a heavy dose of the run this Saturday. Jimbo is going to be eager to match physical play after 6 years of the Aggies wilting under the body blows LSU usually delivers.

It's gonna be a good game, but I don't think we're going to like the outcome.

Bad feelings here too.

As a huge fan of Jimbo Fisher, I admit that he’s in my head and clouding my ability to ignore reason and predict an LSU win without question.

What LSU has done to Texas A&M the past several years is gonna be much more difficult this time. Texas A&M is very good against the run. And we haven't been able to effectively throw the football or protect consistently.

Has the makings of a dogfight and in those games, it comes down to the end....

What LSU has done to Texas A&M the past several years is gonna be much more difficult this time. Texas A&M is very good against the run. And we haven't been able to effectively throw the football or protect consistently.

Has the makings of a dogfight and in those games, it comes down to the end....
Add in that we haven't played all that well away and you're right--this is going to be a tough one that could come down to the last possession, although I most sincerely hope we're wrong.

Because of how badly LSU got pounded by Bama, no one in the media cares much about the Tigers and many are wondering why LSU remains so high in the polls.
Even the selection committee will be basing their number 4 pick on who hasn't had their chance against the Crimson Tide. Winning or losing this game against TAMU is only going to affect the bowl game the Tigers will play in. Too bad LSU lost to the Gators.
:mecry:

So why is LSU a 2 pt dog yet ranked #8?
Vegas is concerned with getting people to bet on the game. not who wins. People are looking at LSU's struggles on offense and remembering that TAMU took Clemson to the wire earlier in the season.

Defensively, I think LSU can handle TAMU's offense IF they're not on the field the entire game. TAMU has the best run defense numbers in the SEC this year the last I looked. They are however susceptible in the secondary. If the LSU O-line can protect the QB and the offense can move the ball in the passing game, LSU could win this game big. If they insist on ramming the RBs into the Aggie front seven, then we're going to see a lot of 3 and outs. That will lead to the defense spending the entire game on the field and eventually Trayveon Williams is going to do his best Derrius Guice impression. Hopefully the Rice game last week allowed them to work out whatever kinks they had from previous weeks.

I agree with the fact that TAMU's secondary is bad. But I don't think we're the type of team that can consistently expose that weakness. It's like weakness against weakness.

Vegas has had a hard time with LSU all season, IMO, because the numbers tell you that this LSU team is pretty mediocre. Bad offense. Good, not dominant defense, great special teams. LSU has some intangibles, however, that are hard to quantify.

If we can pass block and catch the ball we'll blow them out. Just not sure we can do it.

I haven't seen anyone post this article yet. Shows you just how close LSU came to hiring Jimbo. I blame Bobby Jindal and his failed policies that put Louisiana in a fiscal hole. The optics of eating Les' contract while working out money for Jimbo with such a huge financial hole for the state is pretty much the only thing that kept it from happening.

Joe Alleva should still be fired for how he let it drag out...

Lots of stuff on Twitter the final week of the regular season...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom