LSU will contact Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops? (1 Viewer)

And why not?

A name I am surprised hasn't been brought up (but could be a sneaky good hire for you guys) is Kyle Whittingham. He took over at Utah when Urban left, and he was the coach of the Utah team that beat Bama in the Sugar Bowl.

I am sure he is happy where he is, but then again, he isn't drawing the best recruits to Utah (because who wants to play in Utah), but he constantly fields top 25 teams, and has put some very good players into the NFL.

He probably falls along that same line as Mark Dantonio though, and will be a long shot.

Urban Meyer can get in line with Lane Kiffen. Bob Stoops is going nowhere. Both of those guys will cost a fortune, which is exactly what they just spent to tell Les Miles to go away.

This is also why Bobby Petrino isn't in the discussion, either.

urban Meyer would be a fool to forego that Ohio State schedule he gets every year in order to play an SEC West schedule.

Dude had mental breakdowns with the SEC East schedule and the recruiting wars, he would be in a looney bin in 18 months if he came back to the SEC.

They're only calling Urban to talk about Tom Herman. Standard reference check to get the behind the scenes info.

They're only calling Urban to talk about Tom Herman. Standard reference check to get the behind the scenes info.

I do not agree. I think this committee kicks the tires of every top coach in the land, including Saban and Meyer.

Both are longshots, but you never know unless you ask. You never believe what people say publicly. Media and fans who say so and so has no interest rarely know that and are going off other reports. Even if you hear from the horse's mouth he has no interest and never will, you cannot be sure.

How many times has a coach said he is happy where he is and has no plans to leave, but leaves anyway? It will happen several times this year.

It would seem Meyer is very happy at Ohio State and I think that is true. But he could have some real animosity with his AD or something else going on we do not know about.

Meyer is about as big a longshot as there is in this search, but I absolutely think the search committee kicks his tires to gauge his interest.

Urban Meyer can get in line with Lane Kiffen.

this statement makes no sense. Meyer should not even get in the same bathroom line with Kiffen. That is two head coaching resumes that could not possibly be more polar and there is zero times zero reasons to believe that Kiffen is any different than his other three <s>opportunities</s> strikes

I also hope you are right about Stoops.

this statement makes no sense. Meyer should not even get in the same bathroom line with Kiffen. That is two head coaching resumes that could not possibly be more polar and there is zero times zero reasons to believe that Kiffen is any different than his other three <s>opportunities</s> strikes

I also hope you are right about Stoops.
Kiffen is an immature child. urban is a dirtbag. Neither is worthy of being the face of Louisiana Sports.

Kiffen is an immature child. urban is a dirtbag. Neither is worthy of being the face of Louisiana Sports.

ok. I could not understand your statement. I thought you were viewing both as legit prospects with the get in line comment. I don't have enough facts to argue Meyer either way but we at least see eye to eye on Kiffen.

urban Meyer would be a fool to forego that Ohio State schedule he gets every year in order to play an SEC West schedule.

Dude had mental breakdowns with the SEC East schedule and the recruiting wars, he would be in a looney bin in 18 months if he came back to the SEC.

Don't be fooled Urban Meyer wanted out of Florida because he knew Tebow was leaving. He was positioning himself for the job he coveted at OSU and the second Tressel was out he sprung into action. Why would he leave Ohio State to go coach LSU??

Why would he leave Ohio State to go coach LSU??

He won't but you still make him tell you no. I would say there is 3 maybe 4 coaches who there is now way they leave their current job, but the job of the AD is to make sure. Just like we know Bill Bilechick isn't leaving the Patriots yet I bet every GM with a HC opening every year still calls his agent just to make sure.

Urban Meyer can get in line with Lane Kiffen. Bob Stoops is going nowhere. Both of those guys will cost a fortune, which is exactly what they just spent to tell Les Miles to go away.

This is also why Bobby Petrino isn't in the discussion, either.

If you think that money is even a small portion of the equation here, then I think that you are mistaken.

You've heard the phrase 'money is no object'? I think this is one of those rare occasions where that expression holds true... LSU coud make half a dozen phone calls to boosters and come up with all the $$ they owe Les, and a few more phone calls to get whatever $$ they need for the new guy, whoever he may be... Some worry about the "optics" of paying a coach huge sums of money, but anyone who doesn't realize that LSU is self supporting and indeed gives money back to the university is just ill-informed and it isn't LSU's job to cater to those people, it's LSU's job to acquire the best coach available.

If you think that money is even a small portion of the equation here, then I think that you are mistaken.

You've heard the phrase 'money is no object'? I think this is one of those rare occasions where that expression holds true... LSU coud make half a dozen phone calls to boosters and come up with all the $$ they owe Les, and a few more phone calls to get whatever $$ they need for the new guy, whoever he may be... Some worry about the "optics" of paying a coach huge sums of money, but anyone who doesn't realize that LSU is self supporting and indeed gives money back to the university is just ill-informed and it isn't LSU's job to cater to those people, it's LSU's job to acquire the best coach available.
If that were true, Miles would have been fired last year. If that were true, Alleva would be camped out in Tuscaloosa right now with instructions to not return unless he come back with Saban.
ok. I could not understand your statement. I thought you were viewing both as legit prospects with the get in line comment. I don't have enough facts to argue Meyer either way but we at least see eye to eye on Kiffen.
Now, if O ends up as HC I wouldn't have an issue with brining Kiffen in as OC.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom