LSU will contact Urban Meyer, Bob Stoops? (1 Viewer)

Oge wants a head coaching gig badly and he wants this head coaching job in the worst way

Bob Stoops. Really?

exactly. Big game Bob my ***

Now, if O ends up as HC I wouldn't have an issue with brining Kiffen in as OC.

that would be horrible. Kiffen on this team in any capacity would be. I don't know if anything short of a Saban can keep Kiffen in check and maybe not even that for much longer.

I know this team is going to play hard for coach O. I think he will get them to play well enough that there will be a very hard decision to make and one that will probably divide the fan base to some degree at the end of the year. I love having him on the team but I really doubt I will be one who is swayed to thinking I want it to be as a HC.

Eh. Maybe. I see the concern. I only have it if Kiffen is in charge. If Orgeron if the man running the ship, I think it's manageable.

This is only if the coaching search goes horrible wrong though. LSU has until the end of November to thoroughly vet all candidates and come up with a prioritized list. There is no excuse to not hit on either your first or second choice. Unless O runs the table he's not going to fill either spot. This is his dream job, so I expect him to make the most of it.

If that were true, Miles would have been fired last year. If that were true, Alleva would be camped out in Tuscaloosa right now with instructions to not return unless he come back with Saban.

OC

I don't think that $$ had anything to do with keeping Miles last yr, I think it was more to do with the bad PR and the way the potential firing was bungled than it had to do with money.

The bad PR was about the buyout money and the billion dollar hole in the state budget.

The bad PR was about the buyout money and the billion dollar hole in the state budget.

Right, but as I mentioned earlier, that's only "optics" since LSU Football is self-sustaining and, indeed, gives money *to* the school itself, unlike 95% of other universities... The horrible Jindal budget crisis had nothing to do with paying a college head coach.

Firing Les Miles 4 games into this season is also "optics". That matters.

A lot.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom