LSU_3's Mock Draft (1 Viewer)

LSU_3

Reaction score
1. Kenny Phillips - FS - University of Miami (6-2 210 4.4) - one of the best free safties in college football. Is considered to be a ball hawk in the secondary. Can be just as good players like Sean Taylor and Ed Reed.

2. Tavares Gooden - OLB - University of Miami (6-2 238 4.5) - A outside linebacker who can run from sideline to sideline, can cover backs coming out of the backfield, and a linebacker who is a sure tackler. Reminds me of former cane linebackers such as D.J. Williams and Jon Beason.

3. Chevis Jackson - CB - LSU (6-0 190 4.6) - Was a solid cover corner for LSU, in the tough SEC conference. Was a 3 year starter for the Tigers. Has great ball skills, and I don't care what his 40 time is. The kid can play corner in the NFL.

4. Chris Johnson - RB - East Carolina (5-11 195 4.3) - I only watched this kid play in one ball game this year and that was the ballgame against Boise St, and he made them look silly. Has Reggie Bush type moves and speed. Would become our instant starter at kickoff returner and punt returner.

5. Jacob Tamme - TE - Kentucky (6-5 240 4.6) - I was this guy play several times he is an outstanding pass catching tightend. Will need to work on his blocking to be a consistent starter in the NFL. Will be a major value pick here in my opinion.

6. Jonathan Goff - MLB - Vanderbilt (6-4 240 4.7) - The best defensive player on a decent SEC team. Was the defensive captain for 2 straight years. A non-stop motor and a sure tackler. I think he has a chance to be a very good player in the NFL. Will help to improve the Saints Linebacker rotation.

7. Dexter Jackson - WR - Appalachian St. (5-10 180 4.35) - One of the best players on arguably the best team in 1-AA football history. This kid could come in with Pierre Thomas beast mode during training camp and end up being a Steve Smith clone. Sean Payton loves to take gambles on small school kids, and I would love to see him in black and gold.

Saints take serious looks in free agency at the following players:

1. Lance Briggs - OLB - Chicago Bears
2. Drayton Florence - CB - San Diego Chargers
3. Corey Williams - DT - Green Bay Packers
4. Shaun Rodgers - DT - Detriot Lions
5. Randall Gay - CB - New England Patriots

I know my draft is heavy on Defensive Players, but I really feel like this is where the Saints need to improve for the 2008 season. Our Offense is mostly set with what we have.

I am not sure on this, but isn't Jonathan Goff projected between the 2nd-3rd.

But other than that, nice work.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom