LSU's Juluke and Craig coaching changes (1 Viewer)

gboudx

Not trusting a big butt and a smile since 1990.
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
WTF?
LSU Tigers football coach ed orgeron fires coaches
LSU announces staff changes

LSU running backs coach Jabbar Juluke has been re-assigned to a position within athletic department and wide receiver coach Dameyune Craig has been relieved of his duties.

LSU running backs coach Jabbar Juluke has been re-assigned to a position within athletic department and wide receiver coach Dameyune Craig has been relieved of his duties with the Tigers, head coach Ed Orgeron announced on Thursday.
“We appreciate the work that Dameyune and Jabbar did for LSU,” Orgeron said. “We wish them nothing but success in the future.”

Craig is a huge loss recruiting wise. I hope they have a legitimate plan to replace him.

I wasn't impressed with how the receivers developed this past year, but he was very good for recruiting. He's the only reason Devonta Smith started considering LSU and responsible for Neil Farrel and Justin Thomas. There were rumors that Craig was headed to Bama. It will be interesting to see if that comes to fruition because of so, that could have been something that influenced Smith.

Jaluke was hired to be that connection to New Orleans. Orgeron launched the college coaching career of Frank Wilson. We have seen his faith in Dennis Johnson rewarded. I trust O to fill those spots with capable people. I'm sure Orgeron has someone in mind already for both spots, plus the Special Teams coaching spot.

You got to respect Orgeron wanting to make this HIS team.

I would definitely if they go after David Johnson who took a position with Memphis last year? He was the former HC at St Aug when Fournette was there. If not him, maybe they can steal Mike Smith or Burton Burns away. :hihi:

Man, I had heard rumblings that Juluke an Craing were maybe considering going to other places. Craig especially was mentioned to go to Oregon. I guess Orgeron wants to bring in his guys and establish a new system.

What concerns me is if he does go to Bama, would there be any chance he was telling some of the guys that he was recruiting like D. Smith to go to Bama since he would be joining them soon?? I have zero proof or evidence of this, it is me just thinking out loud?

Seems kind of strange now to me why Smith would go to Bama over LSU now. Bama WR's didn't do much last year with Hurts back there and there was room for Smith to start right away at LSU. I don't think he will start for Bama next year. I could be wrong though.

So I wonder why did he let them go? Bad technique coaches? Didn't fit his style of coaches? Other factors???

2017 LSU Recruiting Thread

It's not that uncommon after signing day to see positional coaching changes.
Maybe the wr and rb recruiting haul was to blame.
Maybe, but LSU doesn't get Farrell and Justin Thomas without Craig. This class without Farrell, Thomas, Mathis and Wilson is pretty sad looking.

Rumor is they were fired because they didn't land Kobe Buffalomeat. Orgeron thought he was a type of burger and wanted him bad!!

Rumor is they were fired because they didn't land Kobe Buffalomeat. Orgeron thought he was a type of burger and wanted him bad!!
When Kobe left the house to celebrate his signing day with friends, his parents said, "Bison."

:covri:

It sounds like Craig and CEO may have butted heads about something pertaining to recruiting or recruits in general. We all know it's a business so CEO kept him on long enough to get the faxes in. The guys Craig brought in will forget about the firing wants Jenkins and Aranda get them on campus and practicing. Listening to sports talk radio I heard that Juluke may have not been fully ready to be a position coach at an LSU or SEC yet.

I have heard that Juluke has some personal, family issues that he would prefer remain private. I think they'll keep him around if mutually agreed upon. He did a good job developing Kenneth Dixon at LaTech and I know people think that Fournette and Guice are just plug and play, but they're not. I think some are disappointed in his recruiting ability when they see a lack of talent from NOLA in the class, but the talent was down in NOLA this year and no one was really in the cross hairs.

I think that Canada has some say in this as well. Under Miles, recruiting ability was at the top of the list. I can't say for sure, but that might not be what Canada is looking for in assistants and Orgeron is buying in. Perhaps this was something discussed in the hiring process? I think we might be able to fill in the blanks when we see who fills the spot and what happens to Craig and Juluke the next couple weeks.

I think the spots will be filled quickly, too. The season is over and Boys from the Boot in two weeks from this weekend.

It seems surprising, but not so much when you think about it. Orgeron is building HIS team. Maybe Craig and Jeluke did not mesh with his style. Maybe they weren't getting it done in recruiting or the development phase of the responsibilities.....or a mix of both. Either way, you have to respect Orgeron's plan and hope he has some strong guys in mind to take over.

I thought they probably should've done the same with DelPeveto...wait till after the hay is in the barn. We might have landed a guy or two from the Texas area had LSU waited to terminate his contract. The timing is cruel for some recruits (that were tied to the coaches), but its the nature of the business.

From all indications, Orgeron already has the people place or he knows who he wants. Detillier tipped his hand by saying the hires will be made within a week or so. Craig seemed like a great recruiter, but average position coach. Let's hope the new coaches will upgrade recruiting AND on-field production.

The rumor is that Tommie Robinson is leaving SC for LSU. He will be the RB coach and Recruiting Coordinator. If so, the only way they could have made a better hire would be to bring back Frank Wilson. Robinson was the #2 recruiter in 2017.

I will mention this because I have seen it in a couple places, so it's going to come out anyway. Juluke's wife is very ill. I am sure it was a distraction, but I don't think that's why Juluke was fired. I do understand that he was reassigned within the department (instead of fired like Craig) so that he could keep his health insurance which is important for the obvious reasons.

Not every employer would have been so kind. It seems like a raw deal that Orgeron is getting raked over the coals when he did Juluke a real solid.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom