LT & Reggie B... (1 Viewer)

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When looking at LT and how he affects the offense running and recieving, I think thats the production we want out of Reggie, LT is 5'10 220pds and Reggie is 5'11 203 I think we wont get the Reggie we all want until next year when he comes in stronger in the legs and probably at 5'11 205-210pds (should be his career weight) and thats with just him getting stronger in the legs LT doesnt look that much bigger than reggie and I think thats because his strenght is in his legs if you see reggie you see his legs arent that big (made for speed) so this year he will probably not have very impressive numbers (not like the other rookie backs) he may end up with 500yrds rushing and 400yrds recieving and 5td's total, it just seems that this year is just a real big learning year for him. He has to be frustrated because things came so easy for him and other teams are getting a kick outa the fact he isnt doing the same things against them and thats gotta be frustrating him and hurting his pride a little.

I dunno, i'm not looking for LT in a saints jersey, i'm just looking for Reggie to be Reggie, nothing more, nothing less.

with the holes LT have been running through , I bet you Bush could do equally r better than LT. Bush does have small legs for a running back though .

When looking at LT and how he affects the offense running and recieving, I think thats the production we want out of Reggie, LT is 5'10 220pds and Reggie is 5'11 203 I think we wont get the Reggie we all want until next year when he comes in stronger in the legs and probably at 5'11 205-210pds (should be his career weight) and thats with just him getting stronger in the legs LT doesnt look that much bigger than reggie and I think thats because his strenght is in his legs if you see reggie you see his legs arent that big (made for speed) so this year he will probably not have very impressive numbers (not like the other rookie backs) he may end up with 500yrds rushing and 400yrds recieving and 5td's total, it just seems that this year is just a real big learning year for him. He has to be frustrated because things came so easy for him and other teams are getting a kick outa the fact he isnt doing the same things against them and thats gotta be frustrating him and hurting his pride a little.

In his freshman year in 2003 Reggie Bush went through the same learning curve he is going through this year. I wish people would stop bashing this guy on other threads so much and because he isnt our starting running back with 20 -30 carries per game. He shares the backfield with Deuce and they both are playing their butts off for the fans every week. I expect a little more from him but I like the other fans on these boards are not in Reggie Bushs shoes.

Reggie was lucky that he was drafted by the Saints. This was the perfect situation for him. Anywhere else he would have had to have been the feature back and I don't think he could have handled that. At least here he can share carries with Deuce while he adjusts to the NFL game. You can see that the talent's there he just has to put it all together.

The most notible difference between the way the chargers use LT and how we use Bush is the use of the Fullback... the chargers use a Fb 75% of the time LT rushes the ball while we tend to try to get reggie into space and let him try to create on his own.

I noticed when LT bounces to the outside... around a 15 degree angle but still going forward... which creates a terrible angle for defenders to tackle him... kind of like the reverse field run against the titans in preseason
where reggie was turning upfield and the cb couldn't tackle him becuase the angle bush created while turning upfield....Reggie likes to run backwards when he bounces to the outside and it not only gives the defender time to recover but also giving them a better angle to tackle him.

I hope reggie breaks his habbit soon becuase we might need him to carry the load as the season progresses since we won't know how Deuce knee will hold up at the end of the year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom