Lunar Eclipse, Weds. 2/20/08, 9 pm cst (1 Viewer)

MackeyM

atakapa refugee
Reaction score
Noticing the interest generated in the space shuttle return view thread, I thought I'd start one for info on tomorrow night's Total Lunar Eclipse. It is rare that we are treated to a total eclipse of the moon and well worth observing. This isn't as rare as a total solar eclipse, but is quite spectacular, none the less.

The eclipse begins just before 9 pm central standard time and lasts roughly an hour. Most of North America should able to see the totality event.

Check this site for specifics:
http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/lunar.html

A lunar eclipse may be reddish in color if our planet's volcanoes have been quiet over the last year, yielding less volcanic dust in the upper atmosphere to deflect sunlight.

yeah, I've been looking forward to it since it'd be the first one the kids really got to see. but it's supposed to be cloudy (if not raining) here :mad:

Going on right now. It's partly cloudy up here in KY but hopefully you'll be able to see it.

i can see it now in gulfport,ms...nifty

It's cloudy here in St Martinville...:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

The last time they had one it was the same thing, cloudy....:angryrazz: :angryrazz:

Its cloudy here. I can still see it, but its not nearly as cool as it could have been had the sky been clear....

Same here, Joe. My 4th grader has been looking forward to this for weeks, and he is so disappointed. It's been raining here on and off with a heavy cloud cover, so we're getting absolutely nothing. :(

I see a lot of us were covered with clouds. If someone got a good shot of this will they post a pic for those of us who didnt get to see it? :)

I should have busted out my crappy camera. It was really clear for the second half of it. I missed the middle when it turned red though.

Standing outside it what felt like 10 F weather in just a tshirt, I was mezmorized by it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom