Lutz out for season (2 Viewers)

Can someone find out if his kickoffs were hit into the wind. That’s what I was thinking, especially on the opening kickoff of the game. Pretty sure we had the wind in our face in the first quarter.
I think is was, but then he put one nearly out of the endzone in the same direction. Our coverage units are so good, short kickoffs are the least of my worries.

This sucks but I'm happy with what I've seen from Johnson so far. Maybe he doesn't have the leg for a long distance kick but if he nails everything from 50 yards in, I'll be pretty comfortable with him.

Can someone find out if his kickoffs were hit into the wind. That’s what I was thinking, especially on the opening kickoff of the game. Pretty sure we had the wind in our face in the first quarter.
I don't think that was the intention to kick them into the EZ...first drive after the FG, SEA started at the 23...after the TD, SEA started at the 18. Teams have been kicking the ball up - using hangtime and covering as opposed to just handing them the 25 yard line on a touchback.

Well Madden had that one right. I started my first franchise a few weeks ago and it had him out like 42 weeks with a groin tear. Lol
Heal up Lutz see ya next season.

Now with that said....Saints should go get Jake Verity off Ravens practice squad and sign him to the 53? or roll with this kid. The whole thing with Verity was that Will Lutz was coming back and why sign him just for a few games. Bot the case now. Now I think Saints should go get Verity. Just my 2 pennies

I think is was, but then he put one nearly out of the endzone in the same direction. Our coverage units are so good, short kickoffs are the least of my worries.

It's also possible that some of the shorter kicks were called hoping to get the ball to stay up in the wind and get the coverage team to make a tackle short of the 25.

Anyway, he looks to kick a good clean ball without much spin. That should help accuracy, but I do wonder what kind of range he has? Kicking in the Dome should help.

Dang. And the public still really doesn't know what Lutz's injury is, right?
It is a core muscle injury, which is the soft tissue in your lower belly or groin area. The reason it is not considered a hernia is because there is no bulge and is a tear or a strain.

I'd definitely be thinking about Dustin Hopkins right now. Johnson is perfect so far but not ready to crown him yet after 3 kicks. Hopkins is a proven kicker in this league.

Hope this VT kid has potential. He sure looked confident and kicked a good ball when given the chance last night. Much better than Rosas already.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom