Lutz out for season (1 Viewer)

I'd definitely be thinking about Dustin Hopkins right now. Johnson is perfect so far but not ready to crown him yet after 3 kicks. Hopkins is a proven kicker in this league.
Why? The kid hasn't done anything to warrant it. How about we continue to see if he can contribute instead of just throwing him to the curb.

Last edited:
Would it shock anyone to see a similar statement regarding Thomas?

Let's hope that Johnson kicks so well that next training camp Lutz has to compete with Johnson for the job.
I hope not...but I have the same concern. If it does happen, I think that you have to trade for someone. I honestly think that they should trade for someone either way...but I just can't envision how this team can be successful with the current set of receivers. I like a few...but they are currently pegged into roles that are not going to lead to success. There is just not way the Saints can have sustained success like this when they are struggling against teams like the Panthers, Giants, and Seahawks. Just downright ugly games where the Saints look completely putrid on offense. You may be able to somehow get into the playoffs...but win more than one playoff game seems like a stretch.

Now with that said....Saints should go get Jake Verity off Ravens practice squad and sign him to the 53? or roll with this kid. The whole thing with Verity was that Will Lutz was coming back and why sign him just for a few games. Bot the case now. Now I think Saints should go get Verity. Just my 2 pennies
Last I heard, he was injured himself. Pretty sure that's why the Saints never went after him.

Wait what?????

Verity is injured like Gilliken was injured last year.

Which is to say ... he's not injured.
Is there any proof of this? I would imagine he'd be on someone's 53 man roster right now if he was healthy. There's quite a few teams who could use him.

Key with Johnson is going to be protecting him until he's full comfortable. We don't need to attempt 52 yarders with him just yet. But he seemed comfortable on the mid-range stuff, straight down the middle. And that was a pressure kick last night in the wind and rain.

You can make or break a kicker in a hurry. I think Payton understands that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom