Lutz (1 Viewer)

Lutz is not the issue! His kicks in pregame looked great. Give him a chance - that's been part of the problem is the short leash on kickers. They are going to miss, the best ones do! It's limiting the misses.

He strikes the ball better than any kicker the Saints have had the past few years. Tough break that he just missed a 61 yarder. Only a handful NFL kickers could even attempt that. If the pass before is completed and that kick is from 58 it's good.

I would be surprised if any one could show a stat saying that 50+ in a dome is above 65% even at 70% i am willing to give a pass. At 60+ I will never criticize a miss unless it is due a complete miss step prior to hitting the ball. The near miss earlier is a miss for almost any other know kicker in the league. Likely only Janikowski has the other leg strength to make that kick work. I am more than willing to give the kid a least 3-4 more games before i would even b gin to think he "stinks".
Lions kicker, can't think of his name and I'm too lazy to look it up is another one. But even with that being said there are few kickers in the league that even line up for a 60 yard kick outside of Denver much less almost make it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

He needs to stay. I'm happy that Payton realizes the talent he has. I think he will win some games for us this year.

i'm ready to stick with him - announcers were talking about janikowski's 1st year (missed 7 or 9 i think they said) - i'm ready to ride with the kid - watch him win the season for us
Im with you. I was apprehensive and would not have made the move. But we did make the move and I think you have to stick with it now. The potential is obviously too great, even as seen in a missed 61 yard field goal.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

He made a 64 yarder prior to the game. He was very close to hitting the 61 yarder.

The problem with the 50 yard attempt was going for it. With that lead Payton should have call the punt and play field position. Dumb decision.

It seems we have a lot of "grass is always greener" folks (or "the kicker we don't have would have made those kicks") on this site. We are a young team, and are getting better, Lutz is one of those guys.

Little known tidbit about Saints great Morten Andersen, in his rookie year he was only 40% (2/4, 1/3 from 40-49, 0/1 from 50+). Lutz has time to get better, just like everyone else on this roster.

Was Forbath playing? No, he wasn't. That's not the point.

When every other kick that comes into our dome and make 40-50 yarders with no problem... and we can't do that. That's the problem.

If Forbath had played today, we would not have even attempted the 60 yarder. The kid is here to stay.

I felt sorry for him. Not his fault things went down like they did. And then to ask him to hit a 61 yard game winner in his first game? Crazy. I was pulling so hard for that kid on that last kick. What a start to a career that would've been. And imagine the confidence boost he would've gotten from that.

Not to mention Lutz nailed 4 35 yard extra points right down the middle. I get nervous with Forbath in that range. People saying there's no excuse for missing a 50 yarder, do you even realize how crazy that sounds?? That is by no means an easy field goal, dome or not. "No business missing that fifty yarder":spit:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom