Lutz (1 Viewer)

I wasnt expecting a rookie kicker to make a 61yrd FG to win a game.

He came pretty close to squeaking it in. It was certainly worth the chance to see if he could nail it.

SP should have gotten the ball closer.
They didn't have time to do so. The final time out was used after the refs kinda hosed the team on that fumble recovery advancement. Probably a mistake in hindsight to use it, but its hard to criticize a move made in that moment.

No way he makes that during a game.

You happen to have the Mega Millions numbers for tomorrow night as well?

i am very disappointed he missed the FGs, but when i heard how the ball exploded off his foot when he made the first one, you can tell there is a lot of power there...give the kid time, because the way he strikes the ball is rare...i think he will be fine

i am very disappointed he missed the FGs, but when i heard how the ball exploded off his foot when he made the first one, you can tell there is a lot of power there...give the kid time, because the way he strikes the ball is rare...i think he will be fine

From our seats, we thought it was good. ( we are level with goal line so we cant tell if wide left )

But let it be known, that ball was hit perfectly - and would have been good ( if straight ) from 65+.

Game of inches.

Was over on Carolina Huddle. They had a chart about field goal kicking yesterday. 10 of 25 kickers missed a kick. Kickers were 7 for 13 on kicks over 50 yards. That might seem decent, but Gostkowski and Bailey, the two best kickers in football were 4-4 from that range. Take away their kicks and everyone else was 3-9 from beyond 50.

Before you want to cut a rookie who missed a game winning kick from 61 yards out by about a foot, ask yourself, is the grass really greener?

Let me tell you. If we are in Denver, I can see this kid making a 67 yarder. He did a great job on that last kick. He is the least of my worries and there will be a bunch or crow from those who criticize the signing

The hooks left, perhaps he has a glaucoma issue or something in that eye, lol. Kick it what feels like a leeeeeeeeettle too much to the right, Lutz, and see what happens!

The hooks left, perhaps he has a glaucoma issue or something in that eye, lol. Kick it what feels like a leeeeeeeeettle too much to the right, Lutz, and see what happens!

I thought he did a good job adjusting from the miss from 50. He missed just left from 50. If he hits that 61 yarder from 50, it's good. From 55, it's good. From 60, it's probably good, may hit the upright. It's so easy for a young kicker to overcompensate. I expected the 61 yarder to be wide right after missing left from 50. Kids got it.

I thought he did a good job adjusting from the miss from 50. He missed just left from 50. If he hits that 61 yarder from 50, it's good. From 55, it's good. From 60, it's probably good, may hit the upright. It's so easy for a young kicker to overcompensate. I expected the 61 yarder to be wide right after missing left from 50. Kids got it.

I thought it was good, I really did. Couple more yards and it would've been...really sucks to be 0-1, but I definitely want to keep the kid and see what happens with some adjustments.

I like the kid. Heck of a leg, just needs to get a better feel for the way his long kicks tail at the end.

Any of the other recent kickers we had, Payton doesn't even think about kicking a 61 yarder.

I wasnt expecting a rookie kicker to make a 61yrd FG to win a game. SP should have gotten the ball closer. No way he makes that during a game.

But he quite literally almost made it. Because he came within inches of making it, you can't really argue that it was a bad call to give him the chance.

rookie kicker +61yd fg with mere seconds to go. That is a tall order for his first game. It was close. Very close. Despite not making it, I have more confidence in him than any other kicker the saints have had in a while.

It took this front office, what, a whole season(?) to finally bail on Olindo Mare, they do have an unfortunate tendency to double down on bad kickers, but he should get another few weeks to make those big kicks

lots of promise though, shouldering kickoff duty keeps Morstead fresh to make those bruiser tackles.

Payton said after the game, " He will be kicking here a long time." For him to say that about a kicker means a great deal.

He's got my vote for sure!.. big balls & cool as hell under pressure.. ANY rookie kicker that doesn't even flinch over kicking a 61 yarder with :05 on the clock, yeah.. never heard of him 2 weeks ago, but I already like the young man.. Here's to ya Lutz!.. Kick the s*** outta that pig!

NW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom