Lutz (1 Viewer)

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
Lots of fans are down in him but I'm optimistic.

Nailed a 42 harder. Barely missed a 50 harder. Had a 20 harder tipped and it still goes in. Missed a possible game winner from 61 that was slightly wide left but it had enough on it for 65 yards. If that ball is right by a few more inches the whole conversation changes and he is immortalized as a Saint.

For a rookie who lacks experience and proper coaching in HS and college, he's got promise. Payton said after the game, " He will be kicking here a long time." For him to say that about a kicker means a great deal.

He is still too raw. Should of stayed on a practice squad. No business missing a 50 yard FG in a dome or kicking low on a chipshot.

i'm ready to stick with him - announcers were talking about janikowski's 1st year (missed 7 or 9 i think they said) - i'm ready to ride with the kid - watch him win the season for us

Out of curiosity, are you confident Forbath makes a 50 yarder today?

Was Forbath playing? No, he wasn't. That's not the point.

When every other kick that comes into our dome and make 40-50 yarders with no problem... and we can't do that. That's the problem.

Fans from other teams are impressed that he could even attempt a FG from that far.

And he barely missed. Counts the same in the end, but Lutz is the least of my concerns.

Was Forbath playing? No, he wasn't. That's not the point.

When every other kick that comes into our dome and make 40-50 yarders with no problem... and we can't do that.

It very much is the point. By saying he should still be on the PS, you imply that you have more faith in Forbath.

I, personally, do not. Lutz missed the 50 yarder, but he hit it damn good. He kicks beautifully and that's precisely why he came so highly recommended.

Could he use some time to develop? Probably. Only for his own confidence, because I don't believe Forbath gives us any better of a shot at making field goals.

i'm ready to stick with him - announcers were talking about janikowski's 1st year (missed 7 or 9 i think they said) - i'm ready to ride with the kid - watch him win the season for us

Yeah, Janikowski had a terrible first year even though he displayed crazy leg strength.

When did a 50 yard FG become automatic, dome or not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

:plus-un2:

add me onto the bandwagon.

very impressed with him today, hope the team gets behind him to keep his confidence up. he'll be kicking here for the next decade

When did a 50 yard FG become automatic, dome or not?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Didn't you hear the statistics? Kickers are making 60% of 50 yard field goals. That's slightly better than half! It's basically a chip shot...

I think we just need time to see what the kid can do. This was his first game ever and he just signed like a week ago? I think he has a lot of promise once he gets settled in. Really no point to try and drive him out of town quite yet. Give him a chance.

I would be surprised if any one could show a stat saying that 50+ in a dome is above 65% even at 70% i am willing to give a pass. At 60+ I will never criticize a miss unless it is due a complete miss step prior to hitting the ball. The near miss earlier is a miss for almost any other know kicker in the league. Likely only Janikowski has the other leg strength to make that kick work. I am more than willing to give the kid a least 3-4 more games before i would even b gin to think he "stinks".

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom