Lutz (1 Viewer)

The blocked kick wasn't on Lutz. there was way too much penetration up the middle. I was hearing that Peat might have been involved in the whiffed block but couldn't tell in the game.

However, Lutz has kicked a few with a low trajectory and that is worrisome. All coaches see the film, so you know other teams will be gaming how to take advantage of those low kicks in future games. The coaches had better get it corrected and fast.

It's not Lutz. It's Crawley that's lost us the 1st 2 games.

line probably had a lot to do with that but his kicks need to come up faster. I don't have a bunch of faith in him right now. I pucker up so tight on his kicks that when I fart it makes a noise only dogs can hear.

Lutz may have cost us the first two games of this season, but I can't wait for his hall of fame career to begin. I know it is coming, because our coach said so. And most of you believe him. At least, the defense played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sorry you are just CLUELESS

Not sure Lutz is the person who needs to be fired. Our tired do nothing special teams coordinator, our over paid soft less talented version of Jimmy Graham, and our never-was overrated-by-Sean Payton wanna be NFL WR Brandon Coleman are on my short list. Lutz isn't a star, but he's just not worthy of a thread, like these others.
What I didn't like was Lutz hesitated a bit when he saw the jail break and the kick was low. In other situations, that will get the kick blocked.

But not all on him with the terrible blocking on the play.

I'm so pumped about this guy. He gets a kick almost blocked last week and has one blocked and returned this week and still put up his points when his name was called. That's hard to do on any team (especially as a UDFA rookie) but even more so on the Saints where we have a revolving door of kickers.

I'm glad that it looks like SP has committed to him and that we're going to give him room to grow. This is a young team that we're building right now and I think he's going to go on to be a great kicker for us. Overall, I'm not nearly as worried when he kicks as some of the other guys we've had. I expect a few misses here and there but he looks solid and will get even better with time.

Lutz may have cost us the first two games of this season, but I can't wait for his hall of fame career to begin. I know it is coming, because our coach said so. And most of you believe him. At least, the defense played well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your blaming the blocked fg on Lutz then I'll leave you to your own ignorance....well unless you think you can teach a kicker to kick the ball through human flesh that got a four yard push into the backfield?? :9:

It's true that there needs to be better blocking on field goals, but no doubt, he kicks it too low. 1 block, 1 almost block and 2 other close calls all in 2 games. His trajectory needs to be higher or this is going to be a problem.

If only... there were some way to COACH him and help him correct his mistakes... oh that would require and actual special teams coach to do that :covri:

The blocked kick wasn't on Lutz. there was way too much penetration up the middle. I was hearing that Peat might have been involved in the whiffed block but couldn't tell in the game.

However, Lutz has kicked a few with a low trajectory and that is worrisome. All coaches see the film, so you know other teams will be gaming how to take advantage of those low kicks in future games. The coaches had better get it corrected and fast.
Lutz has some potential but should be on the practice squad working with a kicking consultant and brought in next preseason for kicking in live game conditions.

Signing a UDFA rookie kicker from a small school based on a tryout and having a knee jerk reaction of cutting your experienced kicker was just a silly move that shows that Sean Payton doesn't answer to anyone in this organization.

His kicks are on the low side but bad blocking is bad blocking. It'd have to be a pretty damn high kick to not be blocked. This season's team nickname should be 'Growing Pains.'

The block wasn't on Lutz. I went back and looked at the footage and paused it at impact. That was a big man in the backfield and he blocked it at full extension and he was 3 yards behind the LOS. This wasn't a 20 yard chip shot either. You still have to drive a 38 yard field goal, you can't just kick it up.

The block wasn't on Lutz. I went back and looked at the footage and paused it at impact. That was a big man in the backfield and he blocked it at full extension and he was 3 yards behind the LOS. This wasn't a 20 yard chip shot either. You still have to drive a 38 yard field goal, you can't just kick it up.

The 38 yard low-drive opinion is...incorrect. You drive low on 55+, if there's gale-force wins, or if you're playing on grass in the rain because you physically can't get under the ball with follow through.

There's no way there's not a shared issue on the block. I saw 3 yards of penetration when 1.5 is the norm so Peat and Armstead get some heat. Lutz' ball didn't clear 7 feet of height after 5 yards of travel so that's a trajectory problem...the same trajectory problem you've seen 3 times in 2 games. That kick could've, and should've, been made despite the penetration.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom