Lyft - Should I complain? (1 Viewer)

Optimus Prime

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
This weekend we went out of town to go to a Beer & BBQ festival. I planned to get tore up so we arranged a Lyft ride

The festival was 25 miles away from our hotel. Our hotel was a mile away from the highway exit and it was a 25 mile straight shot to get there. We passed it coming in the day before

The driver picks us up and for some reason doesn't get on the highway. It was all back roads

I'm getting madder and madder, thinking "why are we on the scenic route going 30-40 miles per hour when we should be on 95 doing 70+?"

My girlfriend doesn't want me to say anything, and when we finally get there (which felt like it took twice as long as it should have) I wanted to contact Lyft, explain what happened and demand a refund. She doesn't want to do that either

I'm still upset about it though

This weekend we went out of town to go to a Beer & BBQ festival. I planned to get tore up so we arranged a Lyft ride

The festival was 25 miles away from our hotel. Our hotel was a mile away from the highway exit and it was a 25 mile straight shot to get there. We passed it coming in the day before

The driver picks us up and for some reason doesn't get on the highway. It was all back roads

I'm getting madder and madder, thinking "why are we on the scenic route going 30-40 miles per hour when we should be on 95 doing 70+?"

My girlfriend doesn't want me to say anything, and when we finally get there (which felt like it took twice as long as it should have) I wanted to contact Lyft, explain what happened and demand a refund. She doesn't want to do that either

I'm still upset about it though
I dunno. Some of the drivers I would think just follow the planned GPS route. When I take Uber, it will show the route before I confirm the trip.

Nah Karen, if you were in a hurry you should have ordered one sooner. He's going the most fuel efficient route.

I don't know how it is with Lyft, but I take Uber a lot and most drivers have told me they have to go by the app. However, from my experience, if you ask them to take a different route, they are cool with it. I don't see a point in registering a complaint since I think most drivers just go by the app directions, which aren't always the best routes.

If the only difference is time spent (extra 10 minutes?), then I wouldn’t worry about it - you had a chance to ask what was up and you didn’t take it then -
Did you rate & tip?
Plus remember you implied you had been drinking- was that part of the anger?

Nah Karen, if you were in a hurry you should have ordered one sooner. He's going the most fuel efficient route.
we did, we scheduled the pick up time hours beforehand

Yall aint NEVER taken a PediCab in NYC eh?

You think a "scenic route" added $5 to your ride cost, i paid $260 to go 12 blocks because the PediCab driver weaved in and out each BLOCK @ $7 min - 2 cabs ( me and one daughter- wife and other in another )

If im in no hurry, another $5-8 doesnt bug me all that much. Once i get to about $10 more, then im saying something to them.

I switch between the two and both Uber & Lyft have the worst GPS routes. I'm always puzzled at the routes they take.
If I know a better route and, politely, ask the driver to take that one, I have never had a problem. Even if you deviate from their app, it redirects them to the route I suggest. Most of them just care about their tip and rating.

How was the drive the way back? Same route, or highway? Same service, or different?

same service, took the highway
Was there weird traffic during the earlier trip? maybe an accident on the highway?

Otherwise, it's weird, but depends on GPS usually. Either way, you got there at a reasonable time, had a good time? I'd let it go.

If I know a better route and, politely, ask the driver to take that one, I have never had a problem. Even if you deviate from their app, it redirects them to the route I suggest. Most of them just care about their tip and rating.
I would but I’m usually I’m too spaced out in an Uber to pay attention until it’s too late.

Was there weird traffic during the earlier trip? maybe an accident on the highway?

Otherwise, it's weird, but depends on GPS usually. Either way, you got there at a reasonable time, had a good time? I'd let it go.
Yeah. Some of the drivers use Waze, which will navigate away from a route with a backup in traffic.

I agree with you. If OP got there and back safely, let it go

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom