Lyman Released (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
News: New Orleans released WR Chase Lyman, a 2005 fourth-round draft choice, from its practice roster on Wednesday. The team re-signed wide receiver Lance Moore, who had been released last week when wide receiver Michael Lewis was activated from the Physically Unable to Perform list, to replace Lyman on the practice roster.

So much for the "BEAST."

Guess he hadn't progressed as we hoped.

It's a shame the guy never could stay healthy....when he was 100% in college he could not be covered. He had the rare package of size, speed, and great hands. But he could never stay healthy so little surprise the team parted ways with him......

Our Luck he is going to latch on with someone and become a probowler:p
it's the 5th article of the saints scrolls

i never thought he was a beast he is talented. we just had to make a decision between him and moore (and that decision was made a long time ago)

I have been more impressed what Moore offers as a STer and all around work guy than the so called "potential" that Chase never really lived up to.

well i guess there was a reason he was never brought up.....so I guess that means no more Lyman needs to be pulled up or Lyman is a beast threads...but there wont be any "BRING UP LANCE MOORE" post either cause we seen what he can do...he shows potential, a little sneaky but he seemed overwelhmed.

Does Devery realize no special teams skills means no backup WR job in the NFL?

Chase was at St. Benilde doing some kind of charity event with the kids. He pulled a hammy picking up one of the first graders.

While I saw flashes of ability in camp, he evidently didn't impress our coaching staff, so I say "good bye." The dude was a trademark Haslett risk pick and we got the trademark result - a free agent.

i thought for sure that I saw Devery playing in the Dome last week. I just don't think that he'll be around much longer either. I see this staff picking up more players at his position of the off season.

What good is a beast on the bench? Lyman was only good for spare parts, and it's time to move along. We bought a lemon. The house-cleaning continues...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom