Lynell Hamilton expects heavy load vs. Buffalo (1 Viewer)

I believe that Hamilton is definitely worthy of a long look (as the Bush compliment). It pretty apparent that PT isn't all the way back from his injury, and why rush him? Bell isn't playing (doubtful), and judging by the way he is usually laying on the turf after a run he likely isn't going to be the true power type that we can lean on going forward. Why not give Hamilton a shot this week?

I believe that Hamilton is definitely worthy of a long look (as the Bush compliment). It pretty apparent that PT isn't all the way back from his injury, and why rush him? Bell isn't playing (doubtful), and judging by the way he is usually laying on the turf after a run he likely isn't going to be the true power type that we can lean on going forward. Why not give Hamilton a shot this week?

'Doubtful' is actually a listed injury status.

And will change this matter.

Where did you see that?

ddd

Hamilton has never looked impressive in the preseason, PJ Hill showed a better burst. That's the one move Payton made in the last year that didn't make much sense.

Hamilton has been with the team for a few years now... the staff has seen him when we haven't. If they feel the guy is ready for the "real bullets" then dammit so am I :9:

Truck man, who has great inside info, posted earlier today that they were giving the majority of the reps to Reggie.

Which says that Hamilton shouldn't have made this team, if they don't have much confidence in him.

This game can go either way if Bush is our top RB. Bushrod better play the game of his life and keep Schobel off of Brees, bc we'll be passing 40 times.

Hamilton has never looked impressive in the preseason, PJ Hill showed a better burst. That's the one move Payton made in the last year that didn't make much sense.

really? I remember multiple plays where he showed decent burst, and very good vision, and also showed some really tuff running as well. The couple things i didn't like were the fumbles in the one game, and he seems to get knocked down from the side easily. Either way i'm excited to see him play if he gets the chance. I became a fan of his during preseason.

Bell isn't playing (doubtful), and judging by the way he is usually laying on the turf after a run he likely isn't going to be the true power type that we can lean on going forward. Why not give Hamilton a shot this week?[/QUOTE]

Wow, ever watch Jim Brown. Looked like he wasn't ever going to make it back to the huddle. Bell will be ok, just rest him until the jints game.

really? I remember multiple plays where he showed decent burst, and very good vision, and also showed some really tuff running as well. The couple things i didn't like were the fumbles in the one game, and he seems to get knocked down from the side easily. Either way i'm excited to see him play if he gets the chance. I became a fan of his during preseason.

He ran through some huge holes against Oakland. A "decent burst", you can find players on the street that have that. Hill showed the ability to run both inside and outside the tackles in the preseason. He was impressive to me.

This is not likely.

He may have gotten reps, but, no.

Anybody got proof?

ddd

According to beat writer Jeff Duncan, Saints RB Lynell Hamilton took the first-team reps during Wednesday's practice and expects a "heavy" workload Sunday against the Bills.

Pierre Thomas practiced fully Wednesday, but the Saints probably aren't confident in his health yet. Hamilton, who went undrafted out of San Diego State in 2008, has no career carries and a long history of serious leg injuries. He also averaged just 3.2 YPC on 15 preseason attempts. The Saints' high-scoring offense makes him intriguing, but Hamilton wouldn't be worth more than a flex position gamble against Buffalo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I'm definitely worried about this game now. Hamilton has fumbling issues. If he can't hang on to the ball, we'll be in trouble.

According to beat writer Jeff Duncan, Saints RB Lynell Hamilton took the first-team reps during Wednesday's practice and expects a "heavy" workload Sunday against the Bills.

Pierre Thomas practiced fully Wednesday, but the Saints probably aren't confident in his health yet. Hamilton, who went undrafted out of San Diego State in 2008, has no career carries and a long history of serious leg injuries. He also averaged just 3.2 YPC on 15 preseason attempts. The Saints' high-scoring offense makes him intriguing, but Hamilton wouldn't be worth more than a flex position gamble against Buffalo.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

I ask for proof and get a fantasy football update?

Go figure.

Actually indian, you're about an hour late with this, but thanks.

ddd

Pierre played EXACTLY one snap last Sunday.

PT played a few snaps last Sunday.......he was wearing a huge knee brace and looked....well....slow as molasses with no ability to change direction. Bell's knee while not as scary as it looked at first is going to need time to heal. Payton wants Bell down the stretch so he'll be off until the medical staff says he's ready. So it'll be Hamilton and Bush.....as long as they hang on to the ball the Saints should have a ground game Sunday.

just so we are all on the same page.

Quick question: Wasn't Hamilton the one who had a beastly game against the Bengals, but had like 2 fumbles? If so, this kind of worries me...the one thing that could turn this game in the Bills' favor is turnovers...If I'm wrong then I'm glad, because I really want to see what we have in Hamilton and feel the Bills game is a perfect game to do so...

I believe he did have a fumble or 2 during PS, what I would be most concerned with, is protection packages for Drew. Most rookies have trouble with blitz pickups in the backfield..:scratch:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom