Lynell Hamilton expects heavy load vs. Buffalo (1 Viewer)

waazup

Marques Colston's #1 Fan
Reaction score
Just got word Saints RB Lynell Hamilton told reporters today he received most reps with 1st team & expects heavy load this week vs. Buffalo.
http://twitter.com/jeffduncantp

:scratch:

If Hamilton explodes for a big game, we have to be feeling good about our RB depth. Mike Bell, Pierre Thomas, Lynell Hamilton...all UDFAs.

Stout.

I think he do well. Our run blocking has been good and Drew will keep the tempo and initiative in our favor, which will benefit any of the backs. And it could end up being a valuable audition for later in the season.

I hope he dominates!

This is not likely.

He may have gotten reps, but, no.

Anybody got proof?

ddd

exactly

only way i see this being true is if pierre AND bell aren't playing Sunday.

i'm sure we'll go with pierre and reggie vs the bills unless the coaching staff just doesn't trust reggie running the ball

Good deal, I was hoping LH was going to be activated this week.

This is not likely.

Anybody got proof?

ddd

Proof of what? That he said it? Duncan is reporting it.

Proof that it will happen? No. Might not. The decision's probably not even been made yet. It's Wednesday and the staff is probably preparing every contingency plan for if Thomas isn't ready to handle many carries.

:idunno:

This is not likely.

Anybody got proof?

ddd

Why is it not likely?

Bell is out with an MCL sprain and PT only got one rep last Sunday. He might not be totally ready. Hamilton is next on the roster and even if PT is a game time decision, Hamilton will take the reps all week in practice and prepare to go in-case PT is limited.

Of course Bush will probably get more carries as well, but it's as if he doesn't figure directly into the "power back" role that we use in the game plan.

Makes sense to me.

I can see Hamilton getting work in the game. Bell will probably be out for the game and inactive, so that activates Hamilton. It sounds like Pierre is still not 100% and Reggie usually only gets sporadic carries as a traditional running back.

I'm guessing PT isn't fully healthy yet :shrug:?

PT played a few snaps last Sunday.......he was wearing a huge knee brace and looked....well....slow as molasses with no ability to change direction. Bell's knee while not as scary as it looked at first is going to need time to heal. Payton wants Bell down the stretch so he'll be off until the medical staff says he's ready. So it'll be Hamilton and Bush.....as long as they hang on to the ball the Saints should have a ground game Sunday.

Does anyone know if PJ Hill is still on this team? Is he on the practice squad?

If so, can he be called up and signed to a reg season contract?

Just curious.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom