Lynell Hamilton expects heavy load vs. Buffalo (1 Viewer)

Quick question: Wasn't Hamilton the one who had a beastly game against the Bengals, but had like 2 fumbles? If so, this kind of worries me...the one thing that could turn this game in the Bills' favor is turnovers...If I'm wrong then I'm glad, because I really want to see what we have in Hamilton and feel the Bills game is a perfect game to do so...

Does anyone know if PJ Hill is still on this team? Is he on the practice squad?

If so, can he be called up and signed to a reg season contract?

Just curious.

Hill's on the PS so far I haven't heard any talk of him being brought up to the active roster.

Quick question: Wasn't Hamilton the one who had a beastly game against the Bengals, but had like 2 fumbles? If so, this kind of worries me...the one thing that could turn this game in the Bills' favor is turnovers...If I'm wrong then I'm glad, because I really want to see what we have in Hamilton and feel the Bills game is a perfect game to do so...

Yes. Two fumbles but he had better games later in the PS with no fumbles.

Whoa,

I think a twitter from anybody, even if Duncan reports the twitter, is still a twitter.

Today is Wed, our first day in practice after the game and day off.

Since Bell and Thomas are being nursed a bit, I don't doubt Hamilton got the bulk of it today.

I meant, don't read too much into it, I doubt we play Hamilton at all Sunday.

ddd

The simple fact that Hamilton was advertising this to the media makes me think he wont get much work at all.

PT got one carry last week while Bell and Bush took the rest. This week we'll have PT and Bush so Hamilton will probably only get a few carries at most.

Whoa,

I think a twitter from anybody, even if Duncan reports the twitter, is still a twitter.

Since Bell and Thomas are being nursed a bit, I don't doubt Hamilton got the bulk of it today.

ddd

I think the question is "how likely is it that Bell will be out and PT will be limited against the Bills". Because that's what dictates how much playing time Hamilton will get IMO. At least as far as the planning is concerned.

Any powerback should do well in this offense.. We've seen what 2 guys off the street can do so I expect nothing less from Hamilton..

Truck man, who has great inside info, posted earlier today that they were giving the majority of the reps to Reggie.

Yep, he had those fumbles. But he did well in the next couple of games. He may not be as fast as the other RBs, but he's about 235 and more than fast enough. And he can catch.

This year's team is showing me something that we've rarely seem from other Saints teams: Depth!

Look at the 07 draft. Many thought this was a total bust draft. But now, Meachem is contributing, Usama will be contributing big time and Bushrod is starting!

When you can lose a WR, a LT, a DT, a RB,..... and never skip a beat, you are on to something special.

So play Hamilton. We'll be better for it down the line!

Last edited:
so it doesnt seem like "this will be Reggie's week to show Payton and the league that he is ready to take over until Bell returns."

I think the question is "how likely is it that Bell will be out and PT will be limited against the Bills". Because that's what dictates how much playing time Hamilton will get IMO. At least as far as the planning is concerned.

I agree.

I suspect we strongly want to keep Pierre resting until after the bye. Then we'll have some seriously 'fresh legs' as the season wears on.

But we need Bell to carry the load for 2 more games, and there lies the rub.

And can Pierre step in now if we need him to start.

I don't expect the coaches to forewarn the enemy, and we'll see.

I still doubt we use Hamilton at all, but I'm OK with it if we do.

ddd

Whoa,

ddd

I'd give it more weight than some random Saints fan, but maybe that's me.

If Hamilton has a great game versus the Bills then it means two things...

1. Jahri Evans is an automatic for the pro-bowl.
2. Carl Nicks is a beast.

The staff may be looking to have Bell and Thomas sitting as much as possible through the bye week.

But I wouldn't read too much into this. Thomas and Bell have gotten a ton of first team snaps since training camp began. Hamilton hasn't. This may simply be a case of catching Hamilton up just in case neither Bell nor Thomas is 100% come game day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom