Lynn Bowden (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
From Metry Brah, but stuck in Cowboy Hell
Ok, so another thread is going on involving Mock Drafts. In it, there are a couple of drafts where Lynn Bowden comes up for us being drafted, usually in the 3rd round. I went and looked at some of his videos. Here is my question... how is this guy ranked in the latter 100's overall and #24 usually in terms of wide receivers? This guy really can do it all. He reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown (hopefully without all the distractions). Is there something I am missing on this guy? I saw where one NFL guy compares him to Randall Cobb...I totally disagree. Looks like this kid plays hard and isn't afraid to put a shoulder into someone for some extra YAC. More importantly he is multi dimensional....I mean can you picture him and Taysom in the backfield together?
So what gives here??

He kind of gets lost in the shuffle because he played Wildcat QB for Kentucky this past season because of injuries to their Quarterbacks.

This guy believes he can be a Taysom Hill "type player" at the next level.

He kind of gets lost in the shuffle because he played Wildcat QB for Kentucky this past season because of injuries to their Quarterbacks.

This guy believes he can be a Taysom Hill "type player" at the next level.

and thats kind of where I am going. I think this guy is more dynamic and more versatile than a lot of those guys ranked above him.

and thats kind of where I am going. I think this guy is more dynamic and more versatile than a lot of those guys ranked above him.
The reason he's ranked so low as a pure Wide Receiver is because he's raw / unrefined as a "true" Wide Receiver. Didn't get a lot of true WR reps over the course of his career.

Explosive, fast, good after the catch ability.

But he lacks polished Route running technique, and him switching to Wild-Cat QB although honorable to help his team.. hurt him a little as a WR prospect as it took away reps he could work on his craft.

He could be an interesting gadget player but ultimately I still think he goes Round 4, maybe Round 3 at the earliest because of his lack of polish, and what is his true position question marks?

The reason he's ranked so low as a pure Wide Receiver is because he's raw / unrefined as a "true" Wide Receiver. Didn't get a lot of true WR reps over the course of his career.

Explosive, fast, good after the catch ability.

But he lacks polished Route running technique, and him switching to Wild-Cat QB although honorable to help his team.. hurt him a little as a WR prospect as it took away reps he could work on his craft.

He could be an interesting gadget player but ultimately I still think he goes Round 4, maybe Round 3 at the earliest because of his lack of polish, and what is his true position question marks?

I'd love to see us get him in the 3rd or 4th.

I’m definitely in the camp that would love for us to draft him. However, I think many teams will be looking for that “Taysom” type player. Although, Taysom’s skill set is beyond rare bc he has a defensive player’s mentality. No one can just insert any player at QB, then H Back, TE, KR, while also in there to block punts. Only Taysom can do that. But, teams can feature Lynn at multiple positions and the value in that is at an all time high. So, he could get drafted as high as the 2nd rd. It only takes one team/coach to fall in love with a player. I could see Shanahan salivating with the idea of inserting him in plays. And SP loves a “position-less” player as well. We have had some ex QBs as our emergency QBs in the past.

Ok, so another thread is going on involving Mock Drafts. In it, there are a couple of drafts where Lynn Bowden comes up for us being drafted, usually in the 3rd round. I went and looked at some of his videos. Here is my question... how is this guy ranked in the latter 100's overall and #24 usually in terms of wide receivers? This guy really can do it all. He reminds me a lot of Antonio Brown (hopefully without all the distractions). Is there something I am missing on this guy? I saw where one NFL guy compares him to Randall Cobb...I totally disagree. Looks like this kid plays hard and isn't afraid to put a shoulder into someone for some extra YAC. More importantly he is multi dimensional....I mean can you picture him and Taysom in the backfield together?
So what gives here??

Hes def a special athlete and a great football player.

You can always make room for those type of guys.

Sean would probably be able to get the best out of him, wherever he would put him

As a football player, he's a B+. As a WR, he's a D. He very well could develop into an A+ wide receiver given time.

1st and 2nd round is usually for guys that are expected to play now.
Rounds 3, 4, and sometimes 5 are usually for developmental players expected to play soon.
Rounds 5 through 7 are usually for developmental guys expected to compete for roster spots... likely as special teamers.

Bowden fits the definition of a round 5 guy. Needs a lot of development, teams don't know what they'll get from him, but he's got enough upside that a team may decide to grab him in the 3rd or more likely the 4th round.

Bowden isn't the most explosive, but he makes up with versatility, instincts, vision and football.

I think he can come and cobtribute as a #3 or 4 WR immediately and with his versatility be dangerous in trick plays.

He is worth

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom