M. Jones-Drew called himself the second-highest paid "decoy" in the league, behind New Orleans running back Reggie Bush. (1 Viewer)

Actually he was doing Reggie a favor from a friend perspective. Him and Reggie are great friends, and he probably thinks Reggie deserves more playing time like himself. Just saying.

Well technically Reggie IS the highest paid player in the league that's used as a decoy in this offense. So what MJD was saying was right. Not necessary for him to say it, yet true.

Actually he was doing Reggie a favor from a friend perspective. Him and Reggie are great friends, and he probably thinks Reggie deserves more playing time like himself. Just saying.

i would love to believe that this is true

Well technically Reggie IS the highest paid player in the league that's used as a decoy in this offense. So what MJD was saying was right. Not necessary for him to say it, yet true.

this is more of the reality

He is right. The Jags are floundering, and he is really the only playmaker they have. Why in the world did he get 13 carries? That is just a bad gameplan.... And I doubt he meant the decoy comment about Bush as a slight towards Reggie.

*edit*
MJD should take over as OC; he seems to get the game better than Dirk Koetter.....

Last edited:
Given the brutal short carreers of runningbacks, being the highest paid decoy would probably be my job of choosing as a RB in the NFL.

Keep you body longer + you have a chance to put up #'s later in your carreer when you're trying to land that last contract at 27 or 28.

Not sure what the jab is.

MJD is saying that when he gets the ball Del Rio is abandoning the run if he doesnt get 30-yards a carry.

So is he saying the Payton is not giving Bush enough touches, because thats certainly what he is saying about himself?

Put some logic into this.
NFL players obviously know more about what is going on in the game than we do. What he said probably reflects the thinking in the film room as DCs and coaches around the league try to figure out our offensive schemes. In essence, he more or less told us what other teams think is going on with our offense as far as Reggie is concerned, WHICH is likely, what IS going on with our offense. I believe it.
That is why I personally think Reggie is a gem as a young man first, as a player second. The guy has talent falling out of his pockets and has to deal with putting his dream aside to help us win. More often than not, he IS being a decoy. Look at every play he is out on the field and not involved. He moves, 2-3 guys on the defense move with him in rhythm, guaranteed. He does it, and doesn't complain. You ALL have to agree, he has been amazing with handling the BS we fans have given him. With other guys becoming stars as a result, Reggie will hopefully get a chance to play the game little more like “normal” players with one exception... He will NEVER, EVER, be completely wide open or left alone like “normal” players. He’s 2 dimensional so containment is impossible without assigning a DB on him, similar to Westbrook. And like Westbrook, the guy will get less attention over time and many teams will be burned as a result.
The guy is a champ in my book.

According to the approval of this post... many people here hate the truth... :jpshakehead:

Yes they do. If you post a slightly negative, yet truthful comment about any Saints player people will give you negative rep all day. :jpshakehead:

Anybody that's watched MJD and Reggie since they've come into the league knows MJD is a much better player physically and mentally (by mentally, I mean he's tougher and has more heart). Some people need to take off the Black and Gold shades.

MJD is my favorite non Saint player. Has been since he entered the league. He is a BEAST....love that guy. I trade any two of our running backs for him anyday....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom