M. Jones-Drew called himself the second-highest paid "decoy" in the league, behind New Orleans running back Reggie Bush. (1 Viewer)

BRKLYNsaint

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
M. Jones-Drew called himself the second-highest paid "decoy" in the league, behind New Orleans running back Reggie Bush.

Love the fire M. Jones-Drew has...Interesting statement...

"In a 15-minute session with reporters Wednesday, Jones-Drew ripped several aspects of his team. He even called himself the second-highest paid "decoy" in the league, behind New Orleans running back Reggie Bush."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4560403

tailspin. the jaguars have deteriorated quickly. Jack del Rio will be a coordinator or college coach somewhere next year and MJD will be happier when they move to L.A.

Yep. That and probably the whole USC-UCLA thing. I like MJD but the guy needs to move on.

I appreciate the potential of what Reggie can bring to the table if he stays healthy. But is M. Jones-Drew completely wrong in what he says. I will concede though that he liked taking that dig at Reggie. Hey if it gets Reggie fired up knowing a Bruin is saying it I am all for it and say we need more of that where they are completing against each other week to week on what they do in their respective games. A man can dream...

He is better by a mile but at least defensives dont have to just stop Reggie Bush and they win da game like in Jacksonville. Everybody in this knows what Reggie Bush can do and is afraid of that effect. MJD, is entitled to his own opinion but at least Reggie is on a winning team right now and believe me either of the 31 teams would luv to have Reggie Bush including his own....................Play Ball

I appreciate the potential of what Reggie can bring to the table if he stays healthy. But is M. Jones-Drew completely wrong in what he says. I will concede though that he liked taking that dig at Reggie. Hey if it gets Reggie fired up knowing a Bruin is saying it I am all for it and say we need more of that where they are completing against each other week to week on what they do in their respective games. A man can dream...

Regardless of whether what he said is valid or not, it's not the first time he's talked about Reggie. There's probably some kind of personal vendetta to pick out Reggie to criticize out of the hundreds of other NFL players.

But at the end of the day, Reggie has the undefeated team and I'm sure that's what matters most to both MJD and Reggie.

I watched both of these guys here in LA and I can tell you that if Reggie Bush wasn't at SC, Maurice Jones Drew would have had the keys to the city and possibly won the Heisman.

It's just that Bush's numbers were so gaudy, that they overshadowed everything that MJD did. As a side note, I think Lyndale White had as many or even more TD's than either of them but again, Bush was such a threat in other areas that he overshadowed both players.

He has a strange obsession with being drafted after RB.

Dude needs to let it go.

I don't think it has anything to do with being drafted behind Reggie Bush. I think it has to do with his role in the offense and how he is not being used to his full capabilities. Jones-Drew is an every down running back, not a guy you move all over the field to create matchups and diversions a la Bush. I don't think anyone in the league would argue with you that Bush is a decoy and that this venting from Jones-Drew has to do with him not wanting to be a decoy in Jacksonville.

Being a "decoy" in a high powered offense = not that bad

Being a "decoy" in an offense where you are the only scoring threat = terrible

RB isn't REALLY a RB, unlike MJD. He's a situational PLAYMAKER! No need to compare onions to apples. Reggie's hang up was his WANTING to be a GREAT RB. What he needed to embrace was his ability to not be pidgeon holed into a position, but rather just a cog in the wheel. This year, he seems to have relinquished his need to be, in favor of what the team needs him to be.

I don't think it has anything to do with being drafted behind Reggie Bush. I think it has to do with his role in the offense and how he is not being used to his full capabilities. Jones-Drew is an every down running back, not a guy you move all over the field to create matchups and diversions a la Bush. I don't think anyone in the league would argue with you that Bush is a decoy and that this venting from Jones-Drew has to do with him not wanting to be a decoy in Jacksonville.

Being a "decoy" in a high powered offense = not that bad

Being a "decoy" in an offense where you are the only scoring threat = terrible

It has a lot to do with being drafted behind Reggie. Go see the MJD interveiw last Sunday explaining the meaning of his jersey number.

Sour grapes from a guy on a losing team who was not drafted where he thought he should be.

Classic "little man" syndrome :jpshakehead:

Dude has got a major man crush. MAJOR. It is of epic proportions. I understand having a chip on your shoulder because of where you were drafted, but where are you left when that chip falls off. Maybe, just maybe he is more jealous of Reggie being on a winning team that he feels should have picked him instead perhaps more than he feels he is better than Reggie?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom