M. Jones-Drew called himself the second-highest paid "decoy" in the league, behind New Orleans running back Reggie Bush. (1 Viewer)

I wonder if Bush will respond to such a public insult.

That decoy is the 5th ranked fantasy player in my league!!!! Don't say anything stupid MJD!!!!!

MJD is a good player but strikes me as a Me first kind of guy. If you dont like the way your team is playing, step up and be a leader. Do something about it, dont cry and start bringing negative attention to the team.

I don't mind Reggie being called a decoy. To be a successful decoy, defenses have to somewhat fear what you might do should you get the ball. If Reggie's decoy ability on the field opens the door for an extra second for Drew to find an open WR, or for Pierre or Bell to gain more yards, then it's worth it. Kind of like a good offensive linemen... not often heralded, but what they do is give their QB more time, and their RBs more room. They make good money too, but if it leads to points and wins, it's money well spent.

Dude needs to let it go and play football.

I personally, cant stand him.

I wonder if Bush will respond to such a public insult.

If Bush is mentally mature, he'll keep his mouth shut, like Jones-Drew should have done. Also, it doesn't seem Bush has the self-confidence issues Jones-Drew seems to have.

Personally how can you blame him for acting like that after that kind of blow-out. The guy should be getting more carries especially in a supposedly run first offense like Jax.

Personally how can you blame him for acting like that after that kind of blow-out. The guy should be getting more carries especially in a supposedly run first offense like Jax.

He's a man, he should act like one.

Why does his team getting blown out allow him to rip players on other teams? that's just a strange comment. If he wants to rip people, rip your team.....you know the guys that are failing to help you win.:idunno:

It has a lot to do with being drafted behind Reggie. Go see the MJD interveiw last Sunday explaining the meaning of his jersey number.

Sour grapes from a guy on a losing team who was not drafted where he thought he should be.

Classic "little man" syndrome :jpshakehead:

Reggie wasnt the only RB who he was drafted behind, Deangelo Williams, Addai, Mauroney & Lendale White were all drafted before him. All players use whatever they can as a chip to motivate them. And the chip he has is warranted, IMO. His numbers in college were awesome, he slipped in the draft because of his height, and Im sure alot of teams would love to have him.

Was that press conference right after the game? If so, MJD was still smarting, and yea, he's going to be emotional. When you're emotional, you strike out at everything you think is wrong.

Coaches should never allow players to have press conferences the same day they had a loss. It's a soap opera waiting to happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom