M. Lewis not going to play Sunday? (2 Viewers)

shrike3000

Holding Out of TC
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I remember Payton saying that if he would play Sunday he would have to be activated by Friday Afternoon. I saw no news anywhere that happened. So does this indeed mean that Lewis is not active for Sunday?

Does anyone know any new news on the Beerman?

I have been thinking that Payton may be keeping this up in the air to help keep the Ravens a little off guard, but that may just be my wishful thinking.

He said Friday or Saturday.

Payton doesn't want the Ravens game planning for beerman.

He said Friday or Saturday.

Payton doesn't want the Ravens game planning for beerman.

I hope you are right. I have been imagining a big return for the Beerman to the dome, and in my head its pretty epic.

Hey, nothing wrong with wishful thinking :)

Thanks for the link! After reading it I get the impression he has every intention of activating Lewis but he just doesnt want to say so yet. Thats my read on it anyhow.

Thanks for the link! After reading it I get the impression he has every intention of activating Lewis but he just doesnt want to say so yet. Thats my read on it anyhow.

i have the opposite feeling...i think if he would have activated him, he would have done it by now...

i just don't know if mikey lew is gonna be apart of this team...i'd love for him to play a role for us, but i just don't think he's gonna be enough of a factor to cut one of the players on our team already...

i have the opposite feeling...i think if he would have activated him, he would have done it by now...

i just don't know if mikey lew is gonna be apart of this team...i'd love for him to play a role for us, but i just don't think he's gonna be enough of a factor to cut one of the players on our team already...

My recollection is that Lewis always made the most of his opportunities when playing WR on offense. Michael was always willing to lay out for balls, and really runs pretty good routes. His contributions on ST coverage units are also fairly huge. My guess is that Jones 89 gets waived and PSed if he clears.

I'd be Shocked and dismayed if that were the case - it'll be huge news just to hear he made the roster, but if Payton wants the crowd on fire from the get-go, he'll put in the native New Orleanian.

He'll make the team AND he'll be activated for this Sunday. Kenny W. and Joe Horn have said many times that they know what his status will be but just CAN"T spill the beans. To me they both made it sound like M.L. was going to play.

Remember that game against Tampa Bay a few years back? Lewis was on special teams, I believe he was the gunner. He missed a tackle on the returner at first and just when you thought the guy was on the way for a T.D., lewis comes into the picture and tackles the guy just short of the goal-line. Now that is hustle!

Yeah beerman would never contribute as much as the feared and respected Lance Moore and the beloved future Hall Of Famer Terrence Copper.

Remember that game against Tampa Bay a few years back? Lewis was on special teams, I believe he was the gunner. He missed a tackle on the returner at first and just when you thought the guy was on the way for a T.D., lewis comes into the picture and tackles the guy just short of the goal-line. Now that is hustle!
I believe I was at that game! If I'm remembering correctly, it was in Tampa Bay and we got manhandled. It was still a crazy experience watching our Saints play IN Tampa though, despite the dreadful outcome.

I really believe Michael Lewis can still contribute to this team. Let Jones or Copper go if Beerman proves he can still get it done (and it seems he has in practice).

I thought Kenny said that a move had to be made by Friday for him to be eligible to play on Sunday.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom