M Thomas named NFC South RoY... (1 Viewer)

TCEd

All-Pro
Reaction score
I was hoping for total YoR, but he is named NFC South Rookie of the Year...

Thomas' 92 catches were the second most in NFL history by a rookie receiver, behind only Anquan Boldin's 101 in 2003. The second-round pick from Ohio State also ranked sixth all-time among NFL rookies with 1,137 receiving yards and tied for 15th with nine touchdown catches, according to ESPN Stats & Information. The 6-foot-3, 212-pound receiver provided the kind of physical and sure-handed presence the Saints had for a decade with Marques Colston, before they released him last February. And Thomas' emergence as a go-to guy helped New Orleans maintain its status as the No. 1 total offense and No. 1 passing offense in the NFL in 2016.
New Orleans Saints WR Michael Thomas is NFC South rookie of the year - New Orleans Saints Blog- ESPN

It's nice to see him rewarded...seems like a great talent and the sky is the limit for this young man.

I, for one, was not a fan of the pick at that moment...mostly because I wasn't ready to accept the fact that #12 was as "done" as it turned out...and I was screaming defense like the rest of us fans :0030:

Lets hope next year's awards will be a ring and having to decline a trip to the Pro Bowl for the youngster to add to his accomplishments.

Props to him...here's to many more years of continued success.

Who Dat!

M Thomas named NFC South RoY...

tumblr_n3n5p6ePBB1rsxqqio1_500.gif

Well deserved.

Best pound for pound wide receiver we ever have. I have yet to see anyone tackle him on the first try. He has great feet to make people miss plus strong legs to over power his defender. I can't wait to see him out in the open field more making catches. Not the fastest guy but he is faster than people think

So awesome that he's on the team for Drew's waning years. Hopefully they get at least a few more seasons of chemistry between each other!

Colston was the best WR in Saints history. Thomas has the potential to pass him up.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom