M. Williams - Did game tapes tell Chicago he will bite on TD pass to Wims? (1 Viewer)

Maybe ask Nagy?

We have the luxury of watching the game in 3 dimensions. Players are 2D so its sometimes difficult to diagnose a backwards pass when you are 25 yds from the LOS. Thats why defenders have "keys". Question is, what was his "key" and what did they do to disguise it.

IF his key is the Z receiver, what did the Z do to make the S think it was a run?

Those are the little parts to football that many simply dont grasp. Its quite fascinating when you delve into what it really takes to be a successful football player and REALLY appreciate the GREATS.

It aint just instinct.

... and rather then up in the air trying to block the incoming pass, he seems to be falling down a lot too!

I think we should be thankful we aren't playing the Seahawks, who's offense is predicated on completing one long pass play after another and a mobile QB who could evade the rush.

Williams has never been any good executing the #1 task he's asked to do, be the last line of defense on the back end. He has to be the worst free safety in the NFL over the last 4 years allowing long pass plays for touchdowns.

Maybe ask Nagy?

We have the luxury of watching the game in 3 dimensions. Players are 2D so its sometimes difficult to diagnose a backwards pass when you are 25 yds from the LOS. Thats why defenders have "keys". Question is, what was his "key" and what did they do to disguise it.

IF his key is the Z receiver, what did the Z do to make the S think it was a run?

Those are the little parts to football that many simply dont grasp. Its quite fascinating when you delve into what it really takes to be a successful football player and REALLY appreciate the GREATS.

It aint just instinct.

Excellent point!

After getting to analyze the play, I'm not mad at him. It was a trick play by Chicago that got him. It was wildcat type of formation with Turbisky lining up at wide receiver that turned into an end around and a flee flicker pitch. That was honestly a really good play design by Nagy.

It was a beautifully designed and executed trick play up until the drop.

Williams has played very well this year. Only thing I took out of that play was that a) Chicago knew they’d have to dial up some weird stuff to score on us and b) we caught a break and should be thankful.

It was a gadget play that failed, move on...

I disagree. The play worked, the receiver failed. Most receivers don’t blow that up! Do you think future opponents simply say didn’t work move on or do they say, let’s try it? You think any Tampa Bay receivers drop that pass? Come on!

Maybe ask Nagy?

Thats why defenders have "keys". Question is, what was his "key" and what did they do to disguise it.

It aint just instinct.

Very true and we seem to be more disciplined after the first month of the year on reading our keys. Early in the year Tight Ends were having their way with us. Especially play action with a simple release into the flat. Romo did a good job yesterday showing how Malcom Jenkins ignored all of the play action and movement one way and stayed focused on the TE even though he was going opposite of everyone else. I think this is one of the things that makes Demario so great. He is good at figuring out where to be despite the offenses trying to get us taking several false steps to get us out of position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom