M1 Garand, a piece of history is finally mine! (1 Viewer)

Semper

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Today I just got my first M1 Garand! I am completely stoked as I have always wanted this rifle. I pick it up in 2 weeks complete with the original sling, and 20 clips!

garand.jpg

This is the first post Ive seen in a long time with the proper usage of the term "clip" Well done.

Did you get it through CMP?

Getting one is one the top of my list.

This is like the only gun I've ever wanted to own, mainly from it being my favorite weapon to use playing Day of Defeat... Always thought it would be cool to be able to own and shoot one in real life.

I actually purchased it from a collector.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Very cool. If want one myself. Or really the m1 carbine.... my grandpa had a m1 carbine. Looking for something to go with this jeep.

But good for you.

great buy. a friend of mine has one that was given to him by his dad. what an awesome gun. he converted his to .308.

only military rifle i own is a springfield m1898 krag carbine. i want a sten.

Just make sure you avoid the M1 thumb(old fogeys who did manual of arms with it know what I'm talking about)!

Enjoy!

Yeah Champ I had a guy showing me his once and he almost lost his thumb. I have taken enough of them apart to know better now lol.

I wanted one but I got an M1A instead. :)

Plan on grabbing one from CMP soon as well. BTW they were supposed to get a large shipment/buy backs of the carbines a couple of years ago but Obama nixed the deal. (This is not political, just stating a fact).

This might come in handy:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5GdTKm4eBAs?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

...and I'm totally jealous :angryrazz:

Got my rifle this morning. Went right out to shoot it. Shoulder is a bit sore but it was everything i thought it would be. Oh and that "ting" sound when I fired the last round was amazing. I've waited I don't know how long to hear that.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy III.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom