Mac Jones/Bill B tonight (1 Viewer)

The wind is surely a factor in the game plan, but the play calling is so extreme, it’s like maybe he thought Jones was getting too much hype or credit, so he’s gonna show everyone and go win a game with first place on the line playing 1930’s style football and marginalizing the passing game.

Bill saw what we were doing with Taysom on Thursday and was like I can do you one better!

They can hate him all you want. He’s the greatest coach in the history of the game. Our success the last 15 years is attributable to utilizing his system. He’s putting on a clinic tonight.

No question. BB just put out the middle finger to the Bills defense and they couldn't stop them....

I love how before the game they said the Buffalo coach said the Bills were more like the team the blew out the Saints than the one that lost to the Jags.....LMAO, you mean the team that had a total of 3 offensive starters playing against you? What an idiot, plus the guy was screaming the entire game, I think he is going to eventually wash out there....

Which is why Payton thinks he can win with Book.
It looks like trolling but I don’t think it’s known just how highly Payton thinks of Book.

I’ve listened to Detellier drop nuggets
I’ve seen how Book is the only QB who’s game translates well to Kamara going back to being a star in the passing game
Payton when asked which QB in the draft most reminds him of him responded - Ian Book.
He’s tagged him during conferences and has brought him up without being asked as someone that’s been doing well (this was Training Camp)

I don’t know when, or how soon, but we’ll get to see Book, and he’ll surprise

I never hated BB and now that Brady is gone I'm pulling for the Pats.

Just love Belichek…..he doesn’t give a F at all.

Weather is crazy and he won’t allow passing, despite being one of the most efficient passing offenses in the league.

With a few minutes left in the 3rd, NE has run the ball 27 times, and Mac has thrown it 1 time.

He won’t give in.

At the same time, Allen has thrown it 18 times.

And NE is winning currently.
BB don't know nothing - you should Pass, Pass, Pass regardless of the situation and conditions!

So Sayeth SP

It looks like trolling but I don’t think it’s known just how highly Payton thinks of Book.

I’ve seen how Book is the only QB who’s game translates well to Kamara going back to being a star in the passing game
Payton when asked which QB in the draft most reminds him of him responded - Ian Book.
He’s tagged him during conferences and has brought him up without being asked as someone that’s been doing well (this was Training Camp)

My mention of Book, is like Mac Jones they are game managers, Brees was a game manager and because he was in an offense that catered to his ability as a QB he became a HOF signal caller with all kinds of passing records because he was the defacto coach on the field knowing the offense from front to back and was joined at the hip with Coach Payton.

Tom Brady and Belichek will always be synonymous with each other because like Payton and Brees they were the perfect storm, game manager who because the success on the field were viewed as top tier QB's.

You build a successful Team around your QB. Solid Defense, Solid Offensive Line and talent at the skill positions (WR, TE, RB) and let your QB execute the offense with the support of a good defense and he will be mentioned as one of the greats in the long run.

Belichek found his next Tom Brady, a guy who like brady, arm strength was questioned along with athletic agility but you see he just makes it happen anyway.

Book is more athletic than Brees, but like Brees does not have a rocket arm, is a cerebral leader and can throw you open as Payton would say "I like his skillset". You dont need Book to win you the game, just execute the offense which is what Brady and Brees did and what Jones is learning under Belichek and Book will learn under Payton, and when they get a little more skin in the game that's when the accolades come and they go from game managers to the face of the franchise like Brady and Brees.

Last edited:
Bills run defense has been soft since McDermott has been there. Do y’all remember what Ingram/Kamara did to them back in 2018? I think our third string RB even had a nice day with yards and a TD.

My mention of Book, is like Mac is to be a game manager, Brees was a game manager and because he was in an offense that catered to his ability as a QB he became a HOF signal caller with all kinds of passing records because he was the defacto coach on the field knowing the offense from front to back and was joined at the hip with Coach Payton.

Tom Brady and Belichek will always be synonymous with each other because like Payton and Brees they were the perfect storm, game manager who because the success on the field were viewed as top tier QB's.

You build a successful Team around your QB. Solid Defense, Solid Offensive Line and talent at the skill positions (WR, TE, RB) and let your QB execute the offense with the support of a good defense and he will be mentioned as one of the greats in the long run.

Belichek found his next Tom Brady, a guy who like brady, arm strength was questioned along with athletic agility but you see he just makes it happen anyway.

Book is more athletic than Brees, but like Brees does not have a rocket arm, is a cerebral leader and can throw you open as Payton would say "I like his skillset". You dont need Book to win you the game, just execute the offense which is what Brady and Brees did and what Jones is learning under Belichek and Book will learn under Payton, and when they get a little more skin in the game that's when the accolades come and they go from game managers to the face of the franchise like Brady and Brees.
The thing is, Book can win you games via his decision making. That win vs Clemson doesn’t happen if some of his decision making is off on that final drive.

The run to get out of bounds to stop the clock at 1:26 was all him. Next big play was to his WO Davis. It was a double move/post that was on time and on target to put them at the 4.

1st play from goal line - throw away
2nd play - batted ball
3rd play - no one open, scramble, dart to Davis in end zone for TD. (Highlights his quick release making up for lack of arm strength in tight quarters)

I’m over time down 7 he hits Maher on sideline to convert 2nd and 8.
1st n G at 8 he hits a crosser to put them on the 2 and then they score.

It’s now tied and double OT

1st and 10 from 30 and Book manages a 28 yard scramble as he recognizes man. Called back

Next play 2nd and 15 and he scrambles for about 12 after putting a move on a spying LB to put them at about the 12

Next play he hits his wideout on the sideline to put them at the 2. They went on to win.

Listen, that’s good QB play to win that game. If he isn’t on his game they lose.

Good stuff right there.

I'm a little puzzled because Payton is known for putting rooks on the field from day 1. Granted QB is different, but now we have little to lose. If he really likes Book, it means he is mentally tough, and it won't somehow "ruin" him by playing him. Maybe Payton is scared of the OL getting him hurt.

Good stuff right there.

I'm a little puzzled because Payton is known for putting rooks on the field from day 1. Granted QB is different, but now we have little to lose. If he really likes Book, it means he is mentally tough, and it won't somehow "ruin" him by playing him. Maybe Payton is scared of the OL getting him hurt.
I don’t expect CSP to throw the rookie out there for development while the playoffs are still in reach. Last 2-3 games seem more appropriate with a guest appearance late in the 4th of a losing effort preceding his opportunity.

Books game is dependent on good tackle play because of how long he holds the ball. He trust his athleticism to avoid interior or stunting guys in a phone booth so he’ll keep his eyes downfield. Sets him up for blindside hits if your tackles are getting washed. He also makes good use of his RBs as receivers. Would be ideal to see him w/ Kamara and Armstead/Ram healthy.

The thing is, Book can win you games via his decision making. That win vs Clemson doesn’t happen if some of his decision making is off on that final drive.

The run to get out of bounds to stop the clock at 1:26 was all him. Next big play was to his WO Davis. It was a double move/post that was on time and on target to put them at the 4.

1st play from goal line - throw away
2nd play - batted ball
3rd play - no one open, scramble, dart to Davis in end zone for TD. (Highlights his quick release making up for lack of arm strength in tight quarters)

I’m over time down 7 he hits Maher on sideline to convert 2nd and 8.
1st n G at 8 he hits a crosser to put them on the 2 and then they score.

It’s now tied and double OT

1st and 10 from 30 and Book manages a 28 yard scramble as he recognizes man. Called back

Next play 2nd and 15 and he scrambles for about 12 after putting a move on a spying LB to put them at about the 12

Next play he hits his wideout on the sideline to put them at the 2. They went on to win.

Listen, that’s good QB play to win that game. If he isn’t on his game they lose.
That "skillset" translates. He is the best of both worlds, he can make plays with his arm and legs and has that moxie that when a play breaks down he can make something happen.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom