Mac Jones/Bill B tonight (1 Viewer)

BB don't know nothing - you should Pass, Pass, Pass regardless of the situation and conditions!

So Sayeth SP

Except that we have been run heavy for the bulk of last year and before Winston got hurt....

Belichick and the Patriots are the proof that a good drafting team getting an early pick in the draft is just lethal.
ItKs more a proof that one good draft can reset your organization. Bill actually isn’t a good drafter if you look back over his more recent history. But this past draft has the franchise back on track to remain in title contention.

The difference between Payton and Belichick is the ability to make tough personnel decisions and to take chances that can pay off big. Bill would never have played this stupid game with Taysom and he wasn’t scared to draft a QB high with Mac Jones and start him because he knows that’s by far the most likely way to find a franchise QB. Now the Pats are set for another decade while we have nothing but questions.

Payton would have never started 6th round pick Tom Brady and not given Bledsoe his back his job either. Payton looks for shortcuts while Belichick has a system of how to build a team and sticks to it. Oddly enough, the one area where Payton is most inflexible, his offensive system, is the place he should be more flexible.

Payton is a good coach and we are lucky to have him, but he’s not on Bill’s level.
I don’t see how you can say Payton wouldn’t have started a six round draft pick, while also chiding him for starting an undrafted gadget free agent at QB. I definitely believe Sean would’ve started Brady. Funny thing is that this board swore Bill would never take Brady off the field during a scoring drive like Sean routinely did with Drew. Of all the coaches who’d take risks on offense, I’d never accuse Sean of being gunshy.

I think Bill is the greatest football coach of all time. What I find amusing about the responses in this thread is how different people’s tunes are now that he’s winning again. Last year and earlier during the Pat’s losing streak all I remember reading was how Bill was overrated and that Tom was the architect of that dynasty. Mac Jones was also labeled overrated and the Patriots were thought to have been done.

Now that the Pats are back on top of the hill, it’s as if folks forgot the slander they tossed out on them for over a year. Amazing. Bill never stopped being great. Last season his hands were tied due to players being out, injuries and loss of a HOF QB. He didn’t forget how to coach or how to win; circumstances handicapped his roster and he made the best out of what available to him— a gadget QB(Cam), journeyman backup(Hoyer), middling WRs corpse, and a decent defense. Gosh that sounds familiar.

I don’t see how you can say Payton wouldn’t have started a six round draft pick, while also chiding him for starting an undrafted gadget free agent at QB. I definitely believe Sean would’ve started Brady. Funny thing is that this board swore Bill would never take Brady off the field during a scoring drive like Sean routinely did with Drew. Of all the coaches who’d take risks on offense, I’d never accuse Sean of being gunshy.
I meant that sentence to be a complete sequence. Would he have started Brady after the injury to Bledsoe? Sure, what other option would he have had? But would he have given Bledsoe his job back? I'd bet money he would have. Payton is much more loyal to players in that way, and that's shown with how he's handled Taysom. Bill would have laughed at Taysom playing QB two years ago and never entertained it again.

The temperament difference between Payton and Bellicheck really shows. You never see bellicheat making a big fuss about things.
What?! Bellicheck lives in refs‘ faces. He almost chased a ref to his car after they called a field goal good, when he thought it hadn’t actually cleared between the flags. He had a conniption fit when Vragel(?) outsmarted him with an intentionally penalty a few seasons ago.

Bill is not Yoda on the sidelines by any means.

I think Bill is the greatest football coach of all time. What I find amusing about the responses in this thread is how different people’s tunes are now that he’s winning again. Last year and earlier during the Pat’s losing streak all I remember reading was how Bill was overrated and that Tom was the architect of that dynasty. Mac Jones was also labeled overrated and the Patriots were thought to have been done.

Now that the Pats are back on top of the hill, it’s as if folks forgot the slander they tossed out on them for over a year. Amazing. Bill never stopped being great. Last season his hands were tied due to players being out, injuries and loss of a HOF QB. He didn’t forget how to coach or how to win; circumstances handicapped his roster and he made the best out of what available to him— a gadget QB(Cam), journeyman backup(Hoyer), middling WRs corpse, and a decent defense. Gosh that sounds familiar.
In hindsight, seeing how bad Cam Newton is this year, it was definitely unfair to say Belichick was just a product of Brady. But you don't know what you don't know until you know it. He's proven now that he can return to the top, and he's doing it exactly as he's always done...great defense, disciplined players, and a solid, cerebral QB.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom