Madden 11 Demo (1 Viewer)

To me the game looks and feels much better.i find the graphics sharper and Gus Johnson is definately an improvement.

Very ticked off at the demo.

I can understand that Madden wants to appeal to casual fans with this Gameflow crap that they've added, however screwing around with the audibles and adding this "strategy pad" is plain old ridiculous.

I can understand that Madden wants to appeal to casual fans with this Gameflow crap that they've added, however screwing around with the audibles and adding this "strategy pad" is plain old ridiculous.
oh yeah, forgot about the "strategy pad"... I could very easily modify the DL, LBs, and DBs with a few combos of shoulder button + direction, allowing me to set all 3 in 3 clicks. Very fast.

The strategy pad requires twice as many clicks *and* since you have to wait for the pad to even pop up to use it, it slows down the speed at which you can make those changes.

I for one like gameflow for those times you just want to sling it around and not have to think too much. Just get the play, read the coverage, make the play. If you wear the XBL headset while playing gameflow it will call the play in to you like you're wearing the QB radio helmet. That's a nice touch.

Very ticked off at the demo.

oh yeah, forgot about the "strategy pad"... I could very easily modify the DL, LBs, and DBs with a few combos of shoulder button + direction, allowing me to set all 3 in 3 clicks. Very fast.

The strategy pad requires twice as many clicks *and* since you have to wait for the pad to even pop up to use it, it slows down the speed at which you can make those changes.

I’m guessing that we are not the only ones that have problems with the D-Pad controls, because Ian Cummings will make a statement about it. When was the last time a developer had to make a public address about his product was a good thing?

Via Ian's Twitter, "Strategy pad update: a blog is coming soon detailing reasoning behind the switch, and plans around future updates."

"And for the question "when is soon", I would say within 3-5 days (i.e. Well before launch)."

http://twitter.com/ian_cummings

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom