Madden 17 (2 Viewers)

I just got it. The passing game is the same, but the running game has been enhanced. I didn't care for the passing game on the last Madden, but it is what it is. From what i've noticed, there are some slight changes in the game play, but it will mirrors last year pretty well.

As far as playing with the Saints, Madden is dead accurate describing our Offensive Line. Peat is a horrible guard, and we're not much better on the left side either. If you play online, you're going to have to do some shuffling around.

As far as WRs, the two guys with the most dependable hands are Cooks & Fleener. Hopefully Michael Thomas does pretty well the first few weeks so they can increase his stats. He's a good run blocker, but he doesn't do well catching passes at all.

Ingram is pretty good and he'll break a few tackles, while Spiller has a nice burst, but you have to do some work to get away from contact.

I haven't had a chance to get to the defense yet.

Thanks! I felt the same way about the passing. The run was legit so if they enhanced it that's awesome. Since Madden 2002 I've always played a dynasty with the Saints. I really got into the Ultimate Team and draft champions

Thanks! I felt the same way about the passing. The run was legit so if they enhanced it that's awesome. Since Madden 2002 I've always played a dynasty with the Saints. I really got into the Ultimate Team and draft champions

I never got into those modes. I've been stuck on the Franchise mode, but will give them a try this year.

I just can't wait till after a few weeks of the season and the rosters get updated. Michael Thomas will be a hell of a lot higher than a 70 hopefully. Hopefully PJ Williams, JL, Anthony, and Spiller to name a few get a bump up. But the ratings for MUT may take a while if it's like FUT. I was surprised that Coby Fleener was a 84. They still have Jairus Byrd overrated at 83, but hopefully he lives up to that rating this year. Peat kind of deserves that rating from what we saw last year and this year. Now Anthony's rating is a head scratcher for sure. I skipped last Madden, so I don't know what he was rated at the end of last season.

Cooks, fleener, lasco, Breaux, bell, robertson and onyamata are beasts. Make sure to use them.

What does your lineup look like on defense?

I run a 3-4 base but 90% of the time im in a nickel hybrid and it looks like this:

RE Cam
DT rankins
DT Fairley
LE onyemata now but will be kruger
Slb vacarro
Wlb stephome, but if u don't user him his Robertson.
Cb breaux
Cb williams
Cb will be cortland finnegan
Fs byrd
Ss bell

In my base i have stephone and robertson as my inside backers with cam and onyemata on the edge which will be kruger when they update and i have jenkins at dt with Fairley and rankins as ends.

I run a 3-4 base but 90% of the time im in a nickel hybrid and it looks like this:

RE Cam
DT rankins
DT Fairley
LE onyemata now but will be kruger
Slb vacarro
Wlb stephome, but if u don't user him his Robertson.
Cb breaux
Cb williams
Cb will be cortland finnegan
Fs byrd
Ss bell

In my base i have stephone and robertson as my inside backers with cam and onyemata on the edge which will be kruger when they update and i have jenkins at dt with Fairley and rankins as ends.

I'll try out those settings. Have you had trouble stopping the run with this new Madden?
I've also used the Saints default playbook, but will have to switch to one that has the 3-4. In the past I've used Buffalo's playbook.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom