Madden 2013 Game Review (1 Viewer)

I'm still trying to figure out how to lead my receivers.

so ya'll are saying if you want to make a sub, such as pt for ingram; that you have to do it each game?

whoever starts, starts in every formation, you have sub each player for the formation you want them in. I think formations subs only stick in franchise mode (same as last year) I dont know why they havent made this more user friendly they have a sub in the settings but thats more or less for fatigue purposes not formation subs.

whoever starts, starts in every formation, you have sub each player for the formation you want them in. I think formations subs only stick in franchise mode (same as last year) I dont know why they havent made this more user friendly they have a sub in the settings but thats more or less for fatigue purposes not formation subs.

ok thx. I thought dave worth was saying it reset after each game.

Trying to play player career with Running back. Anyone having problems with the screen zooming into the ground for NO DAMN REASON!

I'm so irritated by this one problem I don't even want to play the game anymore. I hate it. Period

I like that the passing game feels smoother, especially on deep passes.

Also, even though the franchise mode is oddly hard to find, once you get it set up, I like how you can manually progress your players week-to-week, and keep track of other goals as well.

The worst thing is that Vilma and Sean Payton aren't in the game at all, I had some guy named MacDonald as the head coach.

The best thing is NO MORE CRIS COLLINSWORTH!

Second worst would be that you can no longer import draft classes or RTG players from NCAA '13.

However, I am a fan so far of the new Coach mode *6 weeks in on All-Pro 7 min quarters no accl clock*. because lets face it the franchise mode has been a stale rehash the last few years...and the coach mode lets me combine the depth of the Head Coach games with actually getting to play the games.. they also have brought back top headline stories and even a twitter stream that comments on stuff thats happening during the season.

Gameplay wise the new engine is a step in the right direction even it is wonky at times, you can actually get tripped up over feet and there a lot more of what we like to describe as "Pierre Thomas" running on here.. where your RB will start to fall but then regain his balance and keep going. When it works right the system is very fluid and we have some madden beasts in Travares Cadet, Tez Wilson, Will Smith, and Patrick Robinson... so far it's the best madden i've played in a 5-6 years.

I like that the passing game feels smoother, especially on deep passes.

Also, even though the franchise mode is oddly hard to find, once you get it set up, I like how you can manually progress your players week-to-week, and keep track of other goals as well.

The player progression system is a huge improvement over the arbitrary ratings that seemed to happen last year, the fact you get XP dependant on performance..(P4P joke somewhere in there :jpshakehead:) and that you can direct towards the skills you want them to upgrade is awesome.

One thing I haven't figured out how to stop yet is AI deep passes, I keep getting blasted yardage wise (450 pg right now) and the only the relief I get is from Will Smith sacks and DB picks.. so Idk if it's my scheme or the initial ratings of the saints defensive backfield or what.

The player progression system is a huge improvement over the arbitrary ratings that seemed to happen last year, the fact you get XP dependant on performance..(P4P joke somewhere in there :jpshakehead:) and that you can direct towards the skills you want them to upgrade is awesome.

One thing I haven't figured out how to stop yet is AI deep passes, I keep getting blasted yardage wise (450 pg right now) and the only the relief I get is from Will Smith sacks and DB picks.. so Idk if it's my scheme or the initial ratings of the saints defensive backfield or what.

I read about a glitch that if you control your DE before and during the snap, then your defense goes into automatic run stopping defense try using a linebacker. I control Shanle now and defense is almost too good.

Vilma is in Madden Moments live, if you are in to having to be the 49ers and lead a playoff game comeback to beat the Saints. In other words you'll have to be a glutton for punishment.

Vilma is in Madden Moments live, if you are in to having to be the 49ers and lead a playoff game comeback to beat the Saints. In other words you'll have to be a glutton for punishment.

He magically appears on your roster after year one of head coach mode too, I think he's an 81, but it's almost not worth playen, that takes up wayyyyyy too much time, I'm in college, I don't have time to sit here and progress each player and adjust schemes and what not, idk seems like its too much this yeah for head coach, but at the same time if I have 10 sacks with a guy he should progress alot where as in the last game they'd still be a 79, but I don't like how a bunch of points only give you one or two points in the players main skills, also scouting is outrageous, why do I need to take 20 minutes before each game to scout a player by each particular skill, I want to just scout the player and get a decent report on him, I think last years version in better at this,,also signing players is now a pretty complicated process, I like where they went with head coach, but I wish it was more simplified

I like it so far, only thing really bugging me is throwing on the run, its like Drew's arm turns into a noddle when I do it, as if his throw on the run rating is like 10. I must be doing something wrong though. Screen passes could use some serious work too, why does the RB stop running to the sidelines halfway, I don't get that either. Physics seem greatly improved to me and just the overall feel of the game is better.

I was wondering if anyone knew how to turn fatigue off in Connected career mode? Or is it even possible to do that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom