Madden Dilemma (1 Viewer)

Consigliere

Hall-of-Famer
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So today we get a sudden inspiration to go buy our first Madden game since 2014. Well we discover that the brand new Madden 2019 will not work on our antiquated PS3. Is it really worth the $299 upgrade to PS4, or should we buy a cheap copy of Madden 2018?

Obviously our 2018 rookies will not be rated as high as they should be, but are there other major differences?

Thanks.

Madden NFL 17 was the last one on PS3. You're now two years behind the last game release for your console.

Madden NFL 17 was the last one on PS3. You're now two years behind the last game release for your console.

OK, we are obviously way behind. Is there a big difference between 17 and 19?

I stopped playing Madden a long time ago, so I'm not the best person to answer that question. However, I just read an article from Sony and they say there's about 5 more years on the cycle for the PS4. A lot of times for Black Friday you can get some really good deals on the Playstation if you can hold out that long. Every year the price gets a little better. Unless you are running a 4K TV, I see no real point in upgrading to the PS4Pro. So if that is the case, keep your eye on the standard PS4 editions when shopping.

There use to be a Madden thread around here somewhere, you might be able to get some answers in that.

There basically hasn't been an improvement in Madden games since 2008. There have changed small things here and there, added story mode for example, but overall, it's the same terrible game it has been for years. Every year is basically just a roster update for $60.

I agree. I love my ps4, and a lot of the games for it.

But I wouldn’t get one just for Madden. That game isn’t worth it.

Do not Support Madden's yearly roster update just so they can milk money from the MUT mode. Stick with whatever the last version of the game you bought was. I guarantee they did not add any new features that would wow you into buying the newest version. If anything they removed features from the modes you are most likely to play.

Is there a better NFL video game?

No there isn't. EA has exclusive rights to making an NFL game. Which is why it has been terrible for so many years. There is no competition so people pay $60 for a yearly roster update of a game with serious game play issues.

Last edited:
Bottom line, Madden isn't even worth the 60 dollars just to get the roster update each year let alone worth money to buy a whole system just to play the latest version a game that hasn't evolved in a positive way in nearly 15 years.

I agree with everyone. The ps4 is a great system and would be worth it without Madden. But don't upgrade just for Madden.

So today we get a sudden inspiration to go buy our first Madden game since 2014. Well we discover that the brand new Madden 2019 will not work on our antiquated PS3. Is it really worth the $299 upgrade to PS4, or should we buy a cheap copy of Madden 2018?

Obviously our 2018 rookies will not be rated as high as they should be, but are there other major differences?

Thanks.
The game play is very different from Madden 14 and a lot harder on offense. It's not worth it to upgrade to the PS4 for it.

Madden will be $20 in a few months. That's why Widge will buy it now.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom