Mahomes/KC reminds me of the 2014-2016 Brees/Saints teams (1 Viewer)

Mahomes' luck has also run out this year.

He's always been reckless with the ball and got bailed out by his receivers. That's not happening this year.

He's still an amazing athlete and a damn good QB, but the ball can only bounce your way so many times.

I still regret that we weren't able to draft him. I know I know we got Lattimore but Mahommes under Coach Payton would have been SICK and I feel like we would have at least one more Lombardi.

But I do find it interesting that Mahommes is getting all of the excuses but Brees didn't. At one point if you were to combined all of our opposing QB stats and made it one QB, that QB would have had the best single season in the history of the NFL. That's how abysmal our defenses were.

I still regret that we weren't able to draft him. I know I know we got Lattimore but Mahommes under Coach Payton would have been SICK and I feel like we would have at least one more Lombardi.

But I do find it interesting that Mahommes is getting all of the excuses but Brees didn't. At one point if you were to combined all of our opposing QB stats and made it one QB, that QB would have had the best single season in the history of the NFL. That's how abysmal our defenses were.
In his defense, he won a ring and MVP on his rookie deal. He's the golden child but I'm sure Reid is going to start reeling him in.

Not so easy to win games when your defense is a sieve.

Not even the great can't do no wrong Patrick Mahomes can pull these games out.

In danger of going 3-4 to start the season.

I'm not sad to watch this take place.
Ironically enough, they also look like the Spagnuolo Years as well, who is their DCā€¦. Oh wait!

well we fired Spags after only 1 year (2012), ole Ryan was the disaster from 2014-2016

Ryan was fired during the 2015 season. And at least he did give us a great defense for Payton's return in 2013.

Ryan was fired during the 2015 season. And at least he did give us a great defense for Payton's return in 2013.
I remember Ryan during press conferences gaslighting letting people know he got "fired" . He was a strange man.

And I believe that 2013 defense could have carried on as a solid defense into 2014-16 but Payton got obsessed with the Legion of Boom, specifically their secondary after they shut down his offense twice in 2013.

So Jenkins was allowed to walk and we dumped a bunch of money into Jarius Byrd and Ryan was pushed to try and replicate the Seattle defense with ill-suited players.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom