Mahomes/KC reminds me of the 2014-2016 Brees/Saints teams (1 Viewer)

Not so easy to win games when your defense is a sieve.

Not even the great can't do no wrong Patrick Mahomes can pull these games out.

In danger of going 3-4 to start the season.

I'm not sad to watch this take place.
Brees still always managed to win at least 7 games.

Not so easy to win games when your defense is a sieve.

Not even the great can't do no wrong Patrick Mahomes can pull these games out.

In danger of going 3-4 to start the season.

I'm not sad to watch this take place.
I was having this same conversation today. I said there defense stinks and they have on running or at time refuse to run the ball like Sean use to do at times. I think Reid fell in love with all the thing Mahomes could do and forgets to run the ball. A lot like Sean and Drew. Teams don't respect there running and sell out on stopping the QB

Mahomes has been playing awful.
This is it and saying it doesn’t mean he’s not a great young QB. It means just what we see - dude has been terrible lately. Throwing up “punts” that are getting picked, inaccurate passes, and holding on to the ball too long. They are struggling on both sides of the ball.

Mahomes is not doing his team any favors. He's still a half-field reader until he scambles and he's predictable as to which half of the field he's going to look at. Take away the dynamic threat at running back and the offense struggles.
I think that was OK. Remember two years ago when he threw that no look pass? Remember last season when he flicked the ball against flow right before he got sacked? He was making this extraordinary play several times a season. Now he is trying to make them several times a game and it's backfiring as much as working. He may have bought into his own hype a bit much and his mechanics have gone to crap.

Don't get me wrong, that defense is horrendous but PM isn't without fault.

Luckily for the Chiefs the AFC is full of really good bad teams like them.

Mahomes is the golden child. For some reason that I still don't get, Brees never was. Mahomes is allowed an excuse, but not Drew.

Take Brees' name out and insert Winston. Winston is our QB now. Mahomes is allowed an excuse because his team is not very good. Winston played on a terrible Tampa team and he is STILL getting criticized. It is a proven fact that if your team is not very good, then the QB can have all the talent in the world, but it doesn't matter. Winston is a lot better than he is being given credit for. The Saints are a damn good all around team and Winston's talent is showing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom