Mahomes single handedly loses game vs Rams with 5 turnovers (1 Viewer)

On the flip side Brees' "risks" are successful.

Yea man put me out there, I'll launch the ball as far down the field as I can without even looking every snap, biggest risk-taker and best QB of all time easily :LOL:

Yes I was about to come say that. How can you give a QB an A after losing game with 5 TOs? Guess Drew had an A+++++++ against the Eagles. What a joke?

All I know is Drew pretty much has 3 straight nationally televised games cause just about the whole country watched the last one. You know he’s gonna want to show the world that you can’t doubt this guy at all. I love it when they talk him down cause it just motivates him to be even better which is hardly possible. I wouldn’t be shocked if Drew & coach try to get Drew 500 yards & 6 TDs against the FailClowns or the Cowgirls to shut down any debate for Mahomes.
I want 56 points to make a nice even 200 for November.

I know most of us hate First Take here, as the talking heads must take opposing views regardless of their own personal view, but...

Max Kellerman just graded Mahomes an A- last night and took a shot at Brees in his grading - he said Mahomes takes more risks, unlike Brees.

So, inconceivably, there may be a narrative where Mahomes turnovers are seen as a benefit to his case, not a detraction... Unbelievable.

Also, Stephen A Smith gave Mahomes a B and Will Cain gave him a C, and harped on his turnovers.

EDIT: he is doubling down. "Not making mistakes is not the same as being the best" - in discounting that the Saints have a higher PPG average than the Chiefs.
Oh, lord. And the argument to that is that what came with the wisdom. Brees used to take more risks but he LEARNED and STUDIED to get better so he could make the read WITHOUT having to make it a risk.

Oh, lord, critical thinking skills do not abound in sports talk.

ETA: I cited the lord a lot in this post.

That's fine but it only goes to show that Brees can never win it. When Brees threw for 5,000+ and more TD's Rodgers won for being "the most efficient QB in history!!" and having more wins. So when Mahomes gets it because "look at all those yards and td's!!!!" even though Brees puts up the true most efficient season in QB history while winning more games we will all know how truly full of shirt the MVP voters really are :lol:
I think you're right. Sadly.

This is the dumbest argument people use about QBs.

"They're good until someone has tape on them".

There is almost 20 years of tape on Drew Brees now. If this argument was true, you'd see veteran QBs suffering more.

Dak Prescott was fine until Garrett and Lineham changed their entire offensive scheme last year and went back to the Romo offense, despite having a gunslinger QB under center and not a pure pocket passer. The problem has been that they've tried to force Prescott into becoming something that he absolutely is not. Their 2016 offense was tooled around his skills and abilities. The fact that they would change that, just goes to prove for the 100th time what an awful coach Garrett is.

Dak Prescott would be a much better QB with an actual good coach that knows how to build an offense around his skill set. Look at McVay and how he turned Goff around. Goff looked like he was going to be a huge bust in his rookie year, now he's playing like an elite QB.
This argument isn't quite so stupid when one considers the fact that traits and tendencies can be noted when there's even a scintilla of film on a subject.

Just because you don't see the merit in it, that doesn't mean the argument is stupid. It might just mean that you don't understand it.

Yikes, son.

2 were for direct touchdowns and a third led to another touchdown.

Actually Scandrick lost the game for them. After all those mistakes, Mahomes led them back and gave them the lead. Scandrick has an easy interception in his two hands and drops it on the last drive. Goff proceeds to throw a td and win the game for the rams.

Anyone else see that Mahomes curled up and surrendered to a sack several beats before he actually got sacked. Had enough time and space to scramble away and find another option to throw to. I've never seen a QB do that before.
Eli Manning does this.

Actually Scandrick lost the game for them. After all those mistakes, Mahomes led them back and gave them the lead. Scandrick has an easy interception in his two hands and drops it on the last drive. Goff proceeds to throw a td and win the game for the rams.

Lol, yeah It’s all Scandrick’s fault. C’mon

Mahomes had two chances at the end of the 4th to win or at least tie the game, but he threw two ducks which got picked off. Yes one was due to being hit while thrown but thats something thats within the QB's power to prevent, by either getting rid of the ball or evading the pressure.

When Scandrick dropped the easy interception, Rams won, simple as that. Not sure why people want to rip Mahomes. I doubt any Chiefs fans would be ripping him.

We all wanted the Chiefs to win, but the Rams got it done. Move on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom