Major Announcement planned for NFL in L.A. (1 Viewer)

San Diego and Oakland are both likely candidates to move to LA.

I dont think it happens though.

I think they build the staduim, get a super bowl and try to lure San Deigo Or Oakland there..

San Diego and Oakland are both likely candidates to move to LA.

I dont think it happens though.

I think they build the staduim, get a super bowl and try to lure San Deigo Or Oakland there..

It would be a smart strategy for sure.

Didn't the Chargers just sign an extension within the last couple of weeks to stay in San Diego? Maybe I was dreaming but I thought that deal just got done.

I heard a rumor that the Saints were playing one of their home game there next year.

Didn't the Chargers just sign an extension within the last couple of weeks to stay in San Diego? Maybe I was dreaming but I thought that deal just got done.

I think the chargers dropped the demand for the city to build a new staduim, but no extention has been signed that I can recall....

Anyone think its more than chance that the saints and the chargers are the two teams most often mentioned as teams that may be "moved" and these are the two teams that will play in London?

The Saints have never been safer from relocation than right now. I wouldn't worry about the Saints leaving.

Our minds shouldn't be on what we can do to save the Saints from leaving, but rather on what we can do to maximize their value to the city as well as maximize Benson's pocketbook.

The Saints have never been safer from relocation than right now. I wouldn't worry about the Saints leaving.

I agree. The NFL will not move the Saints and destroy the goodwill it earned in 2006. As great as that was, it would be an evan bigger P.R. disaster for them. Not to mention they wouldn't have a team from Houston to Jacksonville.

Expansion will not happen. The league is aligned perfect right now and there would be a huge scheduling conflict with a teams with the expansion team having to play two extra divisional game.

I think after Al Davis kicks the bucket the Raiders are back to Los Angelas.

LA couldn't support 2 other franchise, what makes the NFL think a 3rd will be supported.

LA couldn't support 2 other franchise, what makes the NFL think a 3rd will be supported.

Apparently the big problem were the stadiums in LA. They were old and lacked the precious suites that have all of the owners drooling. I don't think attendence was that big a problem, but I don't really remember how their attendence was prior to their moves because I was at sea for most of that period. But as I remember, they usually filled the stadiums.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom