Major Announcement planned for NFL in L.A. (1 Viewer)

cajunman7925

Could this be the year?
Reaction score
Just read on Fox Sports about a major announcement planned for Thursday about the NFL in L.A.

Wonder what it would be. Expansion? I think that would be a mistake.

Just read on Fox Sports about a major announcement planned for Thursday about the NFL in L.A.

please god tell me we are getting a team, but they aren't going to play at the Coliseum.
PLEASE

They're taking another home game from the Saints in 2009 to play a game in L.A....

Edward P. Roski Jr., a part owner of the Kings and Lakers who has spent several years trying to lure the NFL back to the Los Angeles area, believes his latest concept for a stadium could help finally land a team. On Thursday, Roski will unveil his idea for a stadium in the City of Industry, near the southern intersection of the 57 and 60 freeways some 20 miles east of Los Angeles, said John Semcken, vice president of Majestic Realty, Roski’s real estate company.

Source: YahooSports

This would be great for our chances to stay in the N.O. I'm all for it if they can get two more candidates out of the way for our potential departure from my favorite little corner in the world

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello told the AP that the league wasn't involved in Thursday's news conference.

Honestly I don't think this "Major" announcement is going to be so major.

The Saints contract expires in 2010 and their new stadium will be ready for 2011? Me no likey.

I bet LA home of no NFL team gets awarded the 2012 super bowl

The Saints contract expires in 2010 and their new stadium will be ready for 2011? Me no likey.

Not "will be".. its a big IF.

If a team committed to moving to Los Angeles, "we could begin construction in the final quarter of this year and have it ready for play for the first exhibition game in 2011," Semcken said.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom