Major Applewhite going back to Texas? (1 Viewer)

Applewhite

Why don't you guys (Texas), stop raiding Alabama school's coordinators.

Somebody has to be a training ground for the better schools.

Applewhite's problem at Alabama was Saban. He gave Applewhite the title, but not the responsibility to build the offense into a spread juggernaut. Saban didn't want the same offense that Applewhite built at Rice. He wanted it much more conservative.

Applewhite called the plays during the game, but someone else created the game plan.

At Texas, Applewhite will have a great chance to build his resume and create relationships with Texas High School coaches. Great for recruiting skills. Whoever heard of blaming the Running backs coach for anything?

Plus, he's in a great position to take over the OC job when Greg Davis retires.

This is great news!...I have never been a huge fan of MB, but I have to say he is making some great off season moves. Muschamp and now Major....Incredible. Major was one of the best QB's TX has ever had. He may have not had the total physical package, but the dude was a winner. Total heart. If it werent for Simms and his daddy causing him to get screwed by MB, he would have had another great year. I guarantee you Major is not just going to have input on running backs, he will have a lot of say on the offense. I am no SEC football expert, but from what little I know, I feel that Major was doing a pretty good job at Bama.

I just wish we could play more SEC teams in the future (be good for both conferences) Nice we are getting the old SWC rivalry with Arkansas back.

By the way; http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball....e_id=3568&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Yeah, it's definitely an exciting time to be a Texas fan right now.

Muschamp is so fiery and energetic on the sideline his theatrics alone means watching your D out there is fun.

UT's defenses throughout the MB error have always lacked a certain swagger imho. They sometimes had a good defense but never one that could dominate or even intimidate. I think Muschamp will be bring an attitude to that defense and he'll attract a lot of defensive talent.

It will be fun to watch for sure. I hate OU so seeing Muschamp beat up on Stoops and hearing him cry afterwards= my joy.

Mark it down now...Texas beats OU this year.

Texas knows where the best coaches are. Cant blame them for being ahead of the learning curve. You'll probably see more coaches coming out of the SEC and getting shots at big time programs.

The thing that Texas has going for it now is stability. Mack Brown simply isn't going anywhere. His name doesn't come up for NFL jobs like it does for Carroll or Stoops since Brown is purely a college coach. He also has a national championship and 7 straight 10-win seasons--meaning he has a lot of goodwill built up.

Would you rather coach at a school where you can learn and potentially move up and out as a head coach in a few years or would you rather constantly worry about Saban flying off the handle and canning you or moving on to another job every year???

Hang on folks, there's more....

Clements in demand?

Published reports out of Alabama say Crimson Tide coach Nick Saban is interested in talking to Packers quarterbacks coach Tom Clements about becoming his offensive coordinator. Clements said he had not been contacted.

"I have no clue where that's coming from, truthfully," Clements said. "There is nothing on the horizon right now."
Clements has been linked to Saban in the past but Clements said those reports were "untrue" as well.
It seems a stretch that Clements would leave for a college job when his work with Favre and Aaron Rodgers would likely qualify Clements for a coordinator position in the NFL, a job he had in 2004 and '05 with the Buffalo Bills.
And Clements' head coach with the Bills, Mike Mularkey, would likely tell Clements to pass on working for Saban. Mularkey was constantly second-guessed in staff meetings in 2006 when he was Saban's offensive coordinator with the Miami Dolphins.

Milwaukee Journal Sentinal article

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom