Major Applewhite going back to Texas? (1 Viewer)

The bammer excuses have already started. Apparently, Saban "encouraged" Applewhite to find another job.

The bammer excuses have already started. Apparently, Saban "encouraged" Applewhite to find another job.

Actually, I was thinking that this is a real possibility. Saban already scapegoated the Shula recruits and they've lost a couple of games since then. Somebody's gotta pay for his underachieving. :covri:

Orangebloods.com is reporting that He is taking the job at Texas.

I'm reading on the Bama board that Saban is going after Gary Crowton for OC.

Good luck with that.

It was a joke. I was just trying to get a rise out of the LSU fans. :hihi:

The 2 names that are seriously getting thrown around on there are Steve Sarkisian and Norm Chow.

I really don't see either one of those coming to Bama to be honest.

I'm sure they are trying to make excuses, but the timing doesn't work. The RB coach job just opened up last week (in fact by UT's rules the job has to be posted for 5 days and that ends tomorrow). So, a job just happened to open up at his alma mater?

I'm sure they are trying to make excuses, but the timing doesn't work. The RB coach job just opened up last week (in fact by UT's rules the job has to be posted for 5 days and that ends tomorrow). So, a job just happened to open up at his alma mater?

Why don't you guys (Texas), stop raiding Alabama school's coordinators.

This is great news!...I have never been a huge fan of MB, but I have to say he is making some great off season moves. Muschamp and now Major....Incredible. Major was one of the best QB's TX has ever had. He may have not had the total physical package, but the dude was a winner. Total heart. If it werent for Simms and his daddy causing him to get screwed by MB, he would have had another great year. I guarantee you Major is not just going to have input on running backs, he will have a lot of say on the offense. I am no SEC football expert, but from what little I know, I feel that Major was doing a pretty good job at Bama.

I just wish we could play more SEC teams in the future (be good for both conferences) Nice we are getting the old SWC rivalry with Arkansas back.

By the way; http://www.mackbrown-texasfootball....e_id=3568&url_subchannel_id=&change_well_id=2

Last edited:
Saban and Bammer must be reeling right now. Seriously, how good can your program look for your Offensive Coordinator to bolt for a job as running backs coach at another school supposedly on your same level?
If I'm a parent of a football recruit, I'd be encouraging my son to look elsewhere for a more stable situation (not that assistants don't leave everywhere, but they leave to move up and if going backward a step in the coaching food chain seemed a step up to Applewhite, I can't see thinking Saban's atmosphere is a good one).

Saban never was able to keep his staff togethor at LSU either.

http://texas.rivals.com/default.asp?SR=RivalsFP

Saban's bully techniques are good for a nice initial run(but not good for progam consistency) but now the cat is out of the bag that he is a very difficult man to work with. Add in the fact that the SEC has a lot better coaches now than when he was at LSU?

I just wouldn't at all be shocked to see Saban fail at Bama at this point.

If you call 7-6 with a loss to ULM a good job.

I think that was Saban's record as head coach. I am not completely sure about that, but somewhere in the back of my mind I am thinking they keep win/loss record stats for head coaches and not coordinators. Could be wrong. :dunno:

FWIW, I would love to have Applewhite on LSUs staff as a qb coach or something. He did wonders with Rice's offense and is generally regarded as a guy who will be a head coach at a very young age.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom