Major Dome Patrol Love from Schlereth on ESPN (1 Viewer)

Mr. Blue Sky

Still P***ed at Yoko
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
just watching Colin Cowherd on ESPNU-- discussing the Giants-Saints game with Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth; they both picked the Saints to win.. Wingo said 'Do you remember that Monday Night came a few yrs ago wehn they opened the Superdome against Atlanta??' Said he couldn't get over how loud it was... Schlereth then said that, as a player in the late 80s, early 90s when they had 'Vaughn Johnson, Swilling, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills and they were outrageously good'-- didn't use the term Dome Patrol, of course-- he said he could remember coming out of the tunnel and thinking 'there's no way we're gonna be able to function as an offense out here'... Said they couldn't hear the plays in the huddle. :9:

just watching Colin Cowherd on ESPNU-- discussing the Giants-Saints game with Trey Wingo and Mark Schlereth; they both picked the Saints to win.. Wingo said 'Do you remember that Monday Night came a few yrs ago wehn they opened the Superdome against Atlanta??' Said he couldn't get over how loud it was... Schlereth then said that, as a player in the late 80s, early 90s when they had 'Vaughn Johnson, Swilling, Rickey Jackson, Sam Mills and they were outrageously good'-- didn't use the term Dome Patrol, of course-- he said he could remember coming out of the tunnel and thinking 'there's no way we're gonna be able to function as an offense out here'... Said they couldn't hear the plays in the huddle. :9:

Well you know what the means, right???

Means we better BE LOUD!!!!!!!!!!!! On Sunday. We need to see confusion on the Giants offesive players faces.

Did Cowherd act all skeptical of their pick and show his northeast hormerism?

A few weeks back, when we were about to play the Jets, the people on ESPN were saying that the Dome is one of the few "true" home-field advantages left in the NFL

Cowherd's "Northeast homerism?" Dude is a West Coast honk, BIG TIME.

no, he is a self-admitted 'big-market' homer... and yes, he was absolutely incredulous that Wingo and Schlereth picked the Saints-- he said 'Really??" in a high-pitched little-girl voice... I love listening to/watching Cowherd, even though i disagree with him over 50% of the time.

Cowherd's a typical sports hack who is downright hateful against the Saints at times over the past couple years and is only interested in the teams the whole sports media wants us to root for (Cowboys, Lakers, Giants, Patriots, Yankees, Red Sox, etc.) Plus, listening to him talk, he is in love with that weird voice of his where it sounds like he has a weird slight lisp and about three marbles in his mouth. I watched that show with him and the blonde on ESPN once. While I'm sure ESPN put her on just because they think she's the eye candy to Cowherd's brains, she wiped the floor with his lack of knowledge all the time.

Did Cowherd act all skeptical of their pick and show his northeast hormerism?
He's west coast homerish, but for the most part he didn't pick himself or quibble too much with theirs, certainly not on the Saints pick. For all the positives, Schlereth himself did bend over backwards to say the Giants were a much better team, but the Dome was the difference.

no, he is a self-admitted 'big-market' homer... and yes, he was absolutely incredulous that Wingo and Schlereth picked the Saints-- he said 'Really??" in a high-pitched little-girl voice... I love listening to/watching Cowherd, even though i disagree with him over 50% of the time.

Exactly he's admitted it several times on his show - that he has "big market homerism". He said given a choice between a good small market NFL team vs. a good big market team he chooses the big market to help push ratings up. He has nothing against small market teams he just goes after the bigger audience. I actually found his candor refreshing. No typical ESPN bull excrement about appearing to be unbiased.

For NFL to me, he doesn't seem to be as homerish for anyone in particular, big or small. He bandwagons on the good ones, and likes to needle fan bases he thinks he can get a rise out of. He'll pick on Cowboy fans just to get angry e-mails, or any Ohio team. Mostly he seems pro Pats and Giants because he's on the bandwagon for teams that went to the big show; he'll praise the Colts too. For the NFL, even though Cowherd rubs me the wrong way, it's hard to criticize an unabashed success/bandwagon guy. He's consistent. He doesn't pump the good teams once they start to really suck.

Really stresses the value of having loud fans. We've had a whole two weeks to get our voices back. No excuses. Gotta bring the noise.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom