Major fire at Notre Dame Cathedral (Paris) (1 Viewer)

Lucky enough to have been to ND twice including once with my late mom. That was the one thing she really wanted to do in Paris.

So sad.

Going through my old pictures is brutal.

Mon Dieu. It will take generations to rebuild.
Those old pictures and postcards are going to make me sad. It's not just a cathedral, it's a monument to civilization and to great art and architecture. I can't even imagine what it would feel like to be a Parisian right now.

That aerial picture. It's the thing. It's the entire thing. Sort of the same reaction as when I saw the first tower fall. Your eyes see it but your mind says, No, an entire building can't fall in minutes.

The only thing that could be left is maybe the shell, even that is not given

Hard to believe they saved anything looking at that latest picture. It’s surely all gone?

Tragic.

I wasn’t going to visit when I went to Paris but we had walked across the entire city to get to the Louvre only to find out it was the only day of the week it’s closed. So we went to Notre Dame instead as it was close by.

People will say rebuild it, but you can’t rebuild history. To put it into perspective, building work started 300 years before Columbus discovered your country. You can’t replicate that.

So it's surely a matter of semantics, "saved" versus untouched.

That aerial picture. It's the thing. It's the entire thing. Sort of the same reaction as when I saw the first tower fall. Your eyes see it but your mind says, No, an entire building can't fall in minutes.
That's exactly what I started feeling like, but on a global scale. That's why I had to stop watching it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom