Major holding call missed against Dallas.(MERGEAPALOOZA)). (1 Viewer)

Tell them to shut up:

393641441.jpg

And enjoy their offseason.

The first picture shows a blatant block in the back before the hold.

Just amazing no flag was thrown on that play.

It is amazing about all of these so called penalties that should have been called about the Cowboys and that the officials didn't the same for the Cowboys. So much whining!!!! Sounds like the Saints lost!

Mods, could you re-title this thread "The Crybagging Thread"? Thanks in advance.

On the same play that Whitten held the CB was pushed out position by block from behind. Call it being a crybaby all you want but I've seldom seem a game where the refs were so blatantly biased in their calls.

On the J.Graham tipped pass - INT play; as the DB was coming back around to advance the ball Jimmy tried to make a play on him but was blocked in the back, illegally blocked that is. Hell, my wife starting yelling "Illegal Block!" and she's a Cowboys fan. (yea... I know, we had a quiet Thanksgiving here at the house)

Now how is it that my bride can "see" a foul as it's happening but the game officials, standing on the field and paid to watch for these kinds of penalties, cannot? The ball should have come back to the spot of the foul, plus 5-yards for the infraction.

I know that this particular non-call would not have changed the out come of the game and, honestly, the Saints should have never let the game get to the point where a blown call -could- affect the out come. This example and the other situations sighted already is just another chapter in soap opera known as Adventures in Officiating.

And... I'm still not all that clear on what the hell happened on/with the botched punt/ground kicked ball. I would think that it's an illegally kicked-forwarded football and it would come back to the spot of the actual kick, not to the spot where the kicked ball ended up?!?

What was the deal with the fumbled snap turned into a kicked fumble? Isn;t the rule that you cannot advance a fumble??? yet they gave them 40 yards on it? SCrew the boys and their pocket refs.

On the same play that Whitten held the CB was pushed out position by block from behind. Call it being a crybaby all you want but I've seldom seem a game where the refs were so blatantly biased in their calls.

That was a missed call, no doubt. It's probably the most egregious one I can think of, but the notion that the officiating was "blatantly biased" is ridiculous.

I think the Saints arguably got away with a few borderline holding penalties as well. It has more to do with the fact that on a nationally televised game, they like to let the players play the game without too much interference from the refs.

Didn't Henderson initiate contact and push off on the DB before the long catch early in the game? Seemed pretty obvious to me, though I personally wouldn't have called that.

The missed holding call on Jenkins was bad. But I thought the officiating was pretty decent overall. The call on the botched punt seemed correct to me, even though nobody liked it.

It is amazing about all of these so called penalties that should have been called about the Cowboys and that the officials didn't the same for the Cowboys. So much whining!!!! Sounds like the Saints lost!

Are you a saints fan? every comment you make is the same. you never add anything to the thread and you always write something going against the thread itself. if you dont think these few calls people are talking about influenced the game then go watch LA Tech get destroyed by a half-way good team and stay the hell off of the threads you dont agree with!:aargh:

I think on the fumble/punt play we declined the penalty so that the ball would be turned over on downs. I thought it was crazy how the ball bounced perfectly to allow the punter to kick it straight, normally that should have been shank-city...

Blown holding call on Miles Austin's 60 Yard Run

It seemed to me that the announcers did not make much at all of the blown holding call that allowed Miles Austin's 60 yard TD run. It seems to me that if things had been reversed and Devery had made the run and a hold had allowed it to happen, the announcers would have made a much bigger deal about it. It seemed that having Aikman as the color guy gave the broadcast a proCowboys tilt. Thoughts?

Without that run (or if that play was officiated correctly), the game would have played out much differently.

Not to mention the clutch performance by our oft-injured $8 million man, we are sure getting our money's worth from him this season.

The Refs and announcers were very favorable to the Cowboys, while I don't think that the NFL is fixed, officials do tend to call in favor of certain teams and or players. It's not all even handed.

Pretty obvious holding call in open space by Witten.

Cut Reggie some slack... hadn't played ball in 8 weeks. I was complaining about him from the stands, but he'll bounce back, and he'll be crucial in this stretch run!

One of the problems is that those obviously blown calls don't get officials fired. They might pay a wee bit more attention if they were being held accountable, instead of protected from serious criticism from teams by the league offices.

Anyone get a pic of the Witten blatant hold on MJ? Got some convenient amnesia cowgirl fans at work who will need to see this before they start talking about how they were one play away from a win.
Just show them they have another L in the loss column, that's all they need to know.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom